Veloster Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1196 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased my first brand new car (ever) at the end of December. Got a black 2016 R-Spec for $18,000. Luckily I was able to get financing at my credit union at 2.74% for 63 months without a cosigner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased my 2016 Rally about 4600 miles ago. It has the sub, the gas cap, and the net (only add ons offered). Was listed at 26k and walked out the door with it for 20,500. There is another kid around here with one and got it from a different dealer and he said he walked out the door with his for 19,500. He said they also told him it was one of a kind :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Traded a 2008 Honda CRV with 121,000 miles for a 2015 Veloster Turbo with 12,500 miles that was listed for $13,500. No sunroof (did not want one) in ironman silver with wheel locks, cargo netting, and not a scratch on it. A big change from the CRV and I love the six speed auto and paddle shifters. I will be looking to get rid of the low profile tires for all seasons, as living in New England ice and snow are not fun with the standard paws.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Purchase 2013 MT with 46,780miles for 10,995. From Hyundai dealership in Columbus Ohio off of 270. It was a single owner still certified. Wasn't able to negotiate at all but I was fine with that. I live in Indiana and the closest price I found was for $12k range and all were 2012s. Indianapolis north side dealership 96th street Hyundai has a 2012 with Nav, camera, heated leathers for 69,700 miles just dropped to $10,900

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
And if you feel like getting kicked in the nuts then look up your cars black book value, but if you want a laugh look up the gen coupe xD

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Again, Hyundai's maintenance costs over 5 years amounts to thousands of dollars in savings. Insurance is lower, too. If you get less at trade in at least you saved that amount up front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in North California and I have 2015 Veloster Turbo (dark blue) I got it in September 2015 and I got it through a trade off. I used to have Veloster 2013 Turbo (white) but I got lucky for being able so switch, especially it was during my birthday weekend :p. I paid 0 Down, and I pay 382 a month for 72 months I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Griff, say you got a buddy who works at Ford and he can get you the suppliers discount on a focus... that'll drop the velo price really quick. Should get you down to hyundai factory pricing. Which is cheaper than true car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Picked up my R Type yesterday . The MSRP was 23100, IIR and I got it for 18591 with my discount for being an employee of Delta Air Lines. I had my wife's 2000 RX300 that was starting to wear out, so I told them I'd take 4000 in trade for it, we settled at 3000. I put an additional 1000 down, so my payments for 48 months are 327/month. I financed through my credit union and they gave me 1.2% for the term. I'm happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 NaV with 26,800 miles. The dealer gave me a warranty that covers all components of the transmission, engine, intake and axles for the life of the car as long as I own it for 13,900

·
Registered
51 Posts
2016 Veloster Turbo Auto 4/25/16
Has back up camera/interior lighting/heated seats/power mirrors/push button start. 1 year oil changes. No sunroof/No Navi
Down Payment/Trade in: $0
$2,750 Hyundai Family Rebate, the rest was negotiated.

MSRP: $24,950
I Paid: $20,120

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 Century white.
6spd, 63K $9,970. Found him on cargurus. Used USAA to finance the taxes and difference from $7300 in cash.
*But I have been buying used cars for cash soo long forgot I have no CC's and my interest rate was a little high.
The alarm was in him had to have Hyundai work with me to figure out the closure sensor for hood was bad.
$114 bucks to diagnose and reinstall a new little button and the alarm works like a charm.
Hyundai was awesome about helping me. The techs on the phone were more than informative.
He was out in Doylestown PA a poop load of a ride, but dealer brought the car to Flemington NJ much closer to me for the test drive and sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2016 Black VT with Tech package, 7 speed dual clutch trans, sunroof, this thing is loaded. 22K, but I added the additional bumper to bumper 10 Year 120k miles warranty. I drive a whole lot, about 25k miles per year, so out the door 24k. I do like having the bumper to bumper warranty, it make me feel much better about driving around so much. So Cal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone, I bought a 2015 VT AT brand new from Rockland Hyundai located in Nanuet, N.Y. (it had 40 miles on it at the time of purchase). The color is Ultra Black. MSRP was $24,200, mine does not have the Tech Package or Sunroof, but came with everything else.

I saw a brand new 2015 VT advertised for $18,200 in Staten Island (Century White) and told the dealer if he could match or beat that price, I would buy from him. I had previously purchased a 2016 Tucson from my wife from the same dealership.

My salesman immediately knocked $6,000 off the sticker and also gave me $6,500 for my trade-in which was a 2008 Lexus IS 250 AWD with 160,000 miles on it. In the end, I paid $11,700 for the car. Best deal I've ever gotten on a new car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sticker on my Rally was $25,080. Then the dealer tacks on a bunch of other useless crap and it comes out to around $27,000. I got it for $19,700. I thought they might try to haggle worse since it is limited to 1200 units, but nobody in the dealership even knew what it was or that it was a special model. The only thing the saleslady knew about it was she couldn't drive a stick. I feel like I got a decent price.

sticker.jpe

1141 - 1160 of 1196 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
668 Participants
sflo0
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing