Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1201 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, let's just keep this thread to how much you paid or how much the dealer offered you the Veloster. Please include where you are from, what dealership, how much you were offered and/or how much you paid for the veloster, and of course which model/color you got, maybe even anything they threw in for free.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Bump Bump.. no cars yet :p

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bump Bump.. no cars yet :p
I think I'm going car shopping tomorrow. It's my one day off this week. Hopefully I'll have something back to report on pricing and if they have the car I want and don't try to screw me around maybe I'll even buy one. I doubt they'll sell me one for what I expect on my first visit though. I imagine I'll have to walk.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I looked at two Silver with Style and Tech Packages. One dealer had marked up $1800 Dollars (Cherokee Hyundai in Kennesaw GA). Team Hyundai Georgia Mall sold to me at MRSP $22,350. Neither dealer would budge on price. Expect to pay MRSP for several months at least while they are in short supply.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Instead of bumping this thread all the time, why not ask a moderator if you can get a sticky?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Oh I should do that.. good idea :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm negotiating with a dealer. So far ive been offered

Base (no tech)

455/mth for 60 mths
378/mth for 72 mths

Tech model

518/mth 60 mths
438/mth 72 mths

Dealer stated these numbers are negotiable so game is just starting. numbers are CDN.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Base (no tech)

455/mth for 60 mths
378/mth for 72 mths

Tech model

518/mth 60 mths
438/mth 72 mths

Dealer stated these numbers are negotiable so game is just starting. numbers are CDN.
How much down is this based on?

Also, depending on what you may want accessory wise, if anything, like all weather floor mats or winter wheels, if they don't want to move on price to much, get them to throw some dealer accessories in for the price, since they may have a little more flexablity in those margins than the actual car itself.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Based on 0 down ;)

I have a trade in which I'm optimistically hoping will trade for what's remaining on the lien but not crossing my fingers yet. Will find out tomorrow what the dealer thinks my 09 ford focus SES is worth.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Base (no tech)

455/mth for 60 mths
378/mth for 72 mths

Tech model

518/mth 60 mths
438/mth 72 mths

Not trying to be rude, but those are pretty meaningless numbers. We'd need to know what your tax rate is, trade-in value, whether your state (province?) charges tax on the whole purchase price or just the difference between purchase and trade-in, what if any cash you put down along with it, interest rate, licensing fees, etc. to be able to use that as a comparison for our own purchases.

Really, the best thing you can do is simply say "I got mine with the Tech package and DCT for $xx,xxxx".

One more thing... it sounds like your playing the foursquare game with a salesman. Remember this, you're buying the car not a monthly payment. Get your interest rates from a credit union or bank and use an online loan calculator to figure out your payments before you go into the dealer. Knowing what you want and what you can afford beforehand can help keep you out of those games that salesmen play. You'll almost always lose if you play by their rules.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Not sure of my trade in value although I see private sales of my car for 14000 to 15000. We have 10500 remaining on the lien. Those numbers I quoted are Ontario prices and don't take into account trade in yet.

Not trying to be rude, but those are pretty meaningless numbers. We'd need to know what your tax rate is, trade-in value, whether your state (province?) charges tax on the whole purchase price or just the difference between purchase and trade-in, what if any cash you put down along with it, interest rate, licensing fees, etc. to be able to use that as a comparison for our own purchases.

Really, the best thing you can do is simply say "I got mine with the Tech package and DCT for $xx,xxxx".

One more thing... it sounds like your playing the foursquare game with a salesman. Remember this, you're buying the car not a monthly payment. Get your interest rates from a credit union or bank and use an online loan calculator to figure out your payments before you go into the dealer. Knowing what you want and what you can afford beforehand can help keep you out of those games that salesmen play. You'll almost always lose if you play by their rules.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Here in Ontario, on top of the car, we will be paying about $1500 for delivery, $3100 in HST tax, and maybe $300 for other fees. All on top of the car. Hyundai is offering 2.9% financing and no leasing is available.

Out the door, a Tech 6mt Veloster will cost about $27K here in Ontario if we pay pay full price for the car. Dealer profit is about $1k, so there should be some room for negotiations on the selling price before all the extra costs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This.

I freaked out when I crunched bamelin's numbers. $27k (USD) for a Veloster is freaking insane! Then I saw the last line of his post and was like lol!
The sad thing is the Canadian dollar is slightly above par right now. =*( Taxes here are brutal ... I went down to Buffalo over Labour day weekend ... I'd say 80 percent of the cars parked in the shopping malls (went to multiple places) had Ontario plates.

Things are just so much cheaper stateside ... 800 dollars worth of clothes in the US would have cost me easily 1500 or more Canadian back home in Toronto. Huge retailer markups, 13 percent sales tax ... It's reasons like this that threads like this one have received over a million hits and even been featured on the news. The ridiculous markups combined with high taxes costs Canadians jobs as people flock south of the border to buy stuff.

Sorry for the off topic rant, but we really get screwed up north on the price of basically everything.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The sad thing is the Canadian dollar is slightly above par right now. =*( Taxes here are brutal ... I went down to Buffalo over Labour day weekend ... I'd say 80 percent of the cars parked in the shopping malls (went to multiple places) had Ontario plates.

Things are just so much cheaper stateside ... 800 dollars worth of clothes in the US would have cost me easily 1500 or more Canadian back home in Toronto. Huge retailer markups, 13 percent sales tax ... It's reasons like this that threads like this one have received over a million hits and even been featured on the news. The ridiculous markups combined with high taxes costs Canadians jobs as people flock south of the border to buy stuff.

Sorry for the off topic rant, but we really get screwed up north on the price of basically everything.

Though our tax system could do with much improvement, it's these taxes that help subsidize our education system, guarantee everyone healthcare access, and overall healthier infrastructure than our American friends. Not flaming or bragging, just stating the facts. I wish nothing but the best for everyone. Low taxes(and higher spending) DO have a price long term, as (some) in the American government are sadly finding out

And as far as jobs, a lot of foreign companies like to set up shop and employee here because they don't have to offer health insurance which a massive savings for them. That is a competitive advantage.

Now, all things being equal, when companies charge more MSRP in Canada than the U.S. before taxes, now THAT is what really pisses me off. Especially when say something like the Civic or Corolla which are made right here, but our MSRP is higher than the U.S. market car, with a dollar at par or above, then it's time to get right mad!!

1 - 20 of 1201 Posts