Veloster Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

weekend racer
Makes sense doesn't it? i've often heated up small batteries in my pockets to get a few more moments out of them in desparation.

but honestly? replace your battery...

Registered
If anything, cold is better than heat for batteries! I've replaced my battery roughly every two years so far. I expect to do the same in the next month or two!

Registered
4 years and 3 months since I purchased the car new and still going strong.

Once it finally gives up the ghost I'll be going with an AntiGravity battery for some more weight reduction and better front/ rear weight bias. 馃憤馃槑

Registered
For my 2013, low mileage and garaged, seven years almost to the day. Meant to replace it after a 10 day vacation trip but part way through it would not start the car and I had to buy a battery right away -at Walmart as it turns out.

Registered
Do we need to baste it?
Only if you plan on eating it after.

Makes sense doesn't it? I've often heated up small batteries in my pockets to get a few more moments out of them in desperation.
but honestly? replace your battery...
Indeed. Having done that with smaller batteries previously was the reason I tried it. But it was the last perceivable option and the first trip was to an auto shop (I already was late enough for work that being later wouldn't matter) to replace it. Agreed; if it gets to that level of desperation it certainly needs replaced.... but you need to get to the store to replace the battery. ;)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts