Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're not coming off easy! I can't even get them off. I'm afraid I'm gonna rip the sun visor trying. I'm really getting sick of starring at those ugly labels out of my periphial vision every time I drive. Has anybody out there tried taking them off and how did you do it?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Haven't really checked but they might be "fused" to the visor themselves. Newer car use this melting adhesive kinda thing and they become one almost.

My recommendation would be to get something you wouldn't mind seeing and make it a decal on top of the warning labels.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using AG Free

·
Registered
49 Posts
My brother printed off a sticker to cover the ones on his Dodge Challenger a few years back. I plan on doing the same thing with my V. I'll probably just print off the Veloster Logo and maybe photoshop something cool with a big letter V.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lots of people have used various mild solvents with varying degrees of success. Holding a rag soaked in rubbing alcohol against the sticker for awhile is a popular method of softening the adhesive. A quick web search will yield tons of threads on this subject.

I wouldn't advise removing the sticker - the visor will have a shiny/discolored patch where the sticker was (doesn't look any better, in my opinion).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I tried getting those stickers off this weekend.
They won't budge!

I was going to disconnect the visor so I can put it on the workbench and really get at it but like it was discussed briefly in this thread, once removed they may leave a shadow.

Looks like I'm going to be looking for a sticker or decal that makes sense from the outside when the visor is down.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
78 Posts
I am planning on just wrapping mine when i pull my headliner to dye/wrap it. These ones are heat transferred directly to the "fabric".

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
just put this one over it.. lol

Reactions: jkt1954

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I'll have had my V for nine years on Saturday! I had to go out and see where the warning labels were! I thought they were on the same side as the mirror! Wow! And they're big, too!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah, I never noticed them either.

You can remove them using a household iron on the lowest temperature setting and that's probably too hot so you'd have to be very careful doing so, so you don't destroy the visor covering.

And removing the label, there will surely be some remaining adhesive that will be clearly evident. You just won't get a clean removal, it will not happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts