Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and swapped out my horn with a Klein Direct drive Air horn (since I believe a horn is meant to grab attention and be heard) a while back and everything ran fine til about a month ago when I woke up to the darn horn just blaring and not shutting off. I disconnected the positive that was connected to the battery and have let it sit for a bit. Well I went back today to see if I could try and figure out what’s wrong and now when connecting it the horn doesn’t come on at all anymore when I press on the steering wheel. Before when I was messing around with it a bit it would but wouldn’t shut off so I had to disconnect the wire again. Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
so you just hooked the horn up using the existing wires? what if you power the horn from the battery directly?

any oxidation could cause a short. would clean everything up real nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I did wire it into a relay and then wired that into the battery. Should I wire up a new relay and swap them?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
You could test the relay. It looks rough.

Reactions: TheCaliHuntr

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
552 Posts
You could test the relay. It looks rough.
Yeah that relay isnt waterproof and with the way it looks I bet the contacts are corroded.
Get a waterproof relay with the appropriate wiring harness and you won't have that issue if that in fact is the issue.

Bypass the relay and hook the horn up direct to make sure that's not the problem.
It shouldn't be too difficult to trouble shoot this out so good luck and let us k is what you find. 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts