Veloster Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just under my 2014 NA with the DCT transmission to do the 3rd oil change, and saw this hole in the transmission under the view port. Looking through it looks like there's gears inside. The guard you have to remove to get to the bottom of the engine's been in place and shows no signs of fluid leakage. I'm thinking I need to take it to the dealer and have them have a look since i'm just over 24k miles.

Opinions from others here? See linked imgur album for pictures.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
He's got the auto trans though. Does that still apply to those too?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,905 Posts
Sounds like you're missing a rubber grommet. See if the dealer can get it replaced for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Like has been said already, those gear teeth are on the flywheel .
Is this hole at the bottom of the transmission ??
Probably a water drain .

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
The gear teeth you're seeing is the flex plate. That hole is entirely harmless to have but if you take it to the dealer, they will probably charge you to get the cover replaced. I'd get another one just to keep it OEM as fuq but you do what you want hombre.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,905 Posts
you don't....

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,905 Posts
probably fine but would be best to get the correct grommet / cover .

Reactions: nvyseal

·
Administrator
4,593 Posts
The hole is supposed to be an inspection point on the car to look at the flexplate/flywheel.. This is how I found out my flexplate was cracked and why my car was making a ticking noise and had a off sound when the starter was engaging. I believe there is a grommet you can get to cover the hole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts