Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering trading in my Veloster NA because I am afraid of all the problems that could come once I start getting high mileage on it. Curious to see if anyone has put a lot of miles on there Veloster, somewhere in the 70k range and above, and if so have any problems started appearing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My fuel pump went at 30,000K... and I'm about to sell it because of the lack of service given to me to resolve the issue!

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
The fuel pump goes out on any car if you're running it empty all the time. If you take proper care of your car (yes that includes filling up at 1/4 tank), then it should last as long, if not longer, than you own it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you are afraid then don't visit vt.org lol a lot of blow engines+turbos+ a lot more things jejejej

My opinion is, do what makes you feel better and happier :)

If you feel afraid then my friend I think is time for you to move on and get another car :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Zach I am in concord all the time so probably have seen you around. I have a 2012 white V with black and red rims and lowered. There are a bunch of us around the concord area .

I only have 39k on the V right now and hope to put a lot more. I bought the car used so the warranty gets cut in half which scares the hell out of me since I have the first year released model. I drive about 45 min each way to work 5 days a week so reliability is very important. I haven't had any problems in the 8 months I have owned the car but curious what the future holds. Thanks everyone for the very useful feedback.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Trading in a car that has been reliable because it "might" have problems in the future? Seems dumb to me. The brand new car you get could be a total pile and then you would be worse off then when you started.

·
Registered
7 Posts
about to hit 64K , No real problems except rough idle. It falls to 500 rpms and bounces once in a while other then that it runs good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
2012 V and im at 63k miles and the only thing that ive had is the purge valve is acting up oh and the clock. the clock cant stay on time. each month i'm 2 minutes faster. right now i'm at 9 minutes fast. but other than that no mechanical complaints here. the ride is getting a little rough. but thats not completly the cars fault. the roads in my part of PA are ****. i hit a pothole that good a little bit ago it bent the inside lip of the rim.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Hello Zach I am in concord all the time so probably have seen you around. I have a 2012 white V with black and red rims and lowered. There are a bunch of us around the concord area .

I only have 39k on the V right now and hope to put a lot more. I bought the car used so the warranty gets cut in half which scares the hell out of me since I have the first year released model. I drive about 45 min each way to work 5 days a week so reliability is very important. I haven't had any problems in the 8 months I have owned the car but curious what the future holds. Thanks everyone for the very useful feedback.
Yeah I also drive 45 minutes to work each way 5 days a week. I live in Concord but work in Mooresville. I try to wave to all of the Vs I see around town. I saw a white V at the intersection of Davidson Hwy (73) and Odell School Road turning left onto odell, I waved and the person looked at me...not sure if it was you though.

I think as long as you got past the first 10-20k miles then all of the "kinks" are worked out. Obviously the older the car gets the more potential for problems but there are a couple of Vs here that have pretty high mileage, I know someone is over 100k but can't remember who.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No wasn't me. The furthest north I ever go is northlake mall. I live off Harrisburg rd and usually in concord or south charlotte. After searching around the V seems to be the best gas mileage, most room, highest value at 100k, which is when I plan on trading in, and best value. As much as I love this car I am glad my research and everyone's feedback has convinced me that I made the correct decision the first time. The only problem I have encountered so far has been a bad head unit discovered by the clock being fast. Other than that all things good.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm about to hit 33 in mine. I have had no problems except when it was cold outside, I would turn the heater on from a cold start (5 or 10 minutes after) and it sounded like the blower was going out or something. Also got a smell at first. But now that it's warming up I haven't heard it and barely smell anything. I don't drive crazy but I have got the car up to 110 115 before I let off the gas. And I'm constantly doing 80. Takin 2 road trip to pierce city missouri, 1 to houston, and one to forney texas. All winter trips. Mainly doing 70 to 90. Oh and I drove from Tulsa oklahoma. I know it's not high mileage but thought I would pitch in.

2012 Veloster Red with 17" Enkei EDR9

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
browns037- Your right around where I am. I hit 39k the other day. All feedback is good feedback. These are new model cars so there are going to be a lot of different things happen to different people. That's what makes it so hard to trust these cars because there is little to no feedback on how they will perform in their later years. I actually checked Kelly blue book on values at 100k and value was around 9,500 as a trade in to a dealer. Where as the Honda cr-z, other car I have looked at and Toyota corolla are worth 7.5-8k trade in at 100k miles. Don't know how true that will be when we actually hit 100k but as oh now that is pretty good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
browns037- Your right around where I am. I hit 39k the other day. All feedback is good feedback. These are new model cars so there are going to be a lot of different things happen to different people. That's what makes it so hard to trust these cars because there is little to no feedback on how they will perform in their later years. I actually checked Kelly blue book on values at 100k and value was around 9,500 as a trade in to a dealer. Where as the Honda cr-z, other car I have looked at and Toyota corolla are worth 7.5-8k trade in at 100k miles. Don't know how true that will be when we actually hit 100k but as oh now that is pretty good.
Just over 67,000 miles on mine. Had a head unit issue back around 25K or so but the dealer in North Little Rock took care of it. Went out tonight and adjusted the headlights up a bit. Not sure why they creeped down on me but they are fixed now.
I plan to keep it for a while and keep getting the mileage reimbursement every 25K or so!

·
Registered
63 Posts
After two years I only have 18k miles but the V has been purrfect so far. I don't drive it much since I go back and forth with a motorcycle, but sometimes less driving is worse on a car. Besides the black carbon dust that I gave up on cleaning, everything is just dandy. Also, for the first 15k miles I only ran super unleaded (03 octane) but since then running on 87 octane and it runs just about the same. Love this car <3

·
Registered
268 Posts
11 months and +20,000 miles. I've taken two Austin, TX - Greenville, SC round trips in my '13 NAV. Run 87 octane *always* and Mobile Super 5000 5W-30 with a Wix 51344 (and a bottle of fuel injector cleaner) every 5000 miles. I think I might be low on windshield washer fluid... :eek: Other than that (and Bluetooth losing my phone occasionally), I've had no real issues.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts