1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Just got a 16K Veloster 1.6T 2015 DCT

I have a couple of questions to ask.

1) Does changing the whole hot pipe make better improvement than Tork ? I'm looking at either CNT or Tork.

2) Oil catch can seems to be a must ? Planning to run a 3port (with breather) oil catch can. Should I make it close loop by removing the breather ? Then it'll be 2in 2out closed-loop

3) lastly, I'm planning to bolt on afe takeda intake, gfb dvx bov, lower rear (anti-roll) bar.

4) I need a suggestion on the exhaust, I don't want a CEL on light, but I do want a deeper sound out, what's the best way to go in this aspect?

5) after all mods above, I'll get a tune, and is it realistic to reach 240/ 250 whp ?

Thanks all

·
Administrator
4,656 Posts
Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
2015 VT Manual
620 Posts

1) Does changing the whole hot pipe make better improvement than Tork ? I'm looking at either CNT or Tork.
I'd say so. Anything that improves flow is an improvement. If it were me I'd go with CNT

2) Oil catch can seems to be a must ? Planning to run a 3port (with breather) oil catch can. Should I make it close loop by removing the breather ? Then it'll be 2in 2out closed-loop.
Negative. Leave the breather. You're much better off venting to atmosphere lest you gunk up your intake tract / valves. I took off my PCV and just have two hoses running under the car (old school).

3) lastly, I'm planning to bolt on afe takeda intake, gfb dvx bov, lower rear (anti-roll) bar.
The rear torsion bar is a HUGE improvement. Pierce Motorsports is awesome. The GFB DVX valve seems a little over-engineered to me and has a price tag to go with that. I have the Turbosmart Kompact which is about 1/2 the cost and accomplishes the same thing without compromising quality. That AFE looks like a big waste of money too, but maybe I'm just stingy :LOL:

4) I need a suggestion on the exhaust, I don't want a CEL on light, but I do want a deeper sound out, what's the best way to go in this aspect?
Simply gutting the second catalytic converter will yield a deeper sound even with the stock exhaust, but it'll be more better with an aftermarket one. So long as you leave the first cat alone you won't get a cell.

5) after all mods above, I'll get a tune, and is it realistic to reach 240/ 250 whp?
Yes. A tune completely transforms the car and those numbers are totally achievable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'd say so. Anything that improves flow is an improvement. If it were me I'd go with CNT

2) Oil catch can seems to be a must ? Planning to run a 3port (with breather) oil catch can. Should I make it close loop by removing the breather ? Then it'll be 2in 2out closed-loop.
Negative. Leave the breather. You're much better off venting to atmosphere lest you gunk up your intake tract / valves. I took off my PCV and just have two hoses running under the car (old school).

The rear torsion bar is a HUGE improvement. Pierce Motorsports is awesome. The GFB DVX valve seems a little over-engineered to me and has a price tag to go with that. I have the Turbosmart Kompact which is about 1/2 the cost and accomplishes the same thing without compromising quality. That AFE looks like a big waste of money too, but maybe I'm just stingy :LOL:

Simply gutting the second catalytic converter will yield a deeper sound even with the stock exhaust, but it'll be more better with an aftermarket one. So long as you leave the first cat alone you won't get a cell.

5) after all mods above, I'll get a tune, and is it realistic to reach 240/ 250 whp?
Yes. A tune completely transforms the car and those numbers are totally achievable.
Thank you so much for your reply! So maybe I'll just change the 2nd converter and put a resonator/ muffler in then ? Got it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts