Veloster Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Cloud Vehicle

2019 VT, looking to hear from anyone who road races, hot laps or even autocrosses their Veloster.

I ran Powerstop Evolution pads and stock rotors last season and they worked decent, but those pads wear sooo fast! I went through a few sets last summer, and I am seriously looking to upgrade the brakes, it is the major weak link out on track. Hawk and EBC only show rear sets. The only complete set I see available is from Powerstop again, and it's actually not even available anywhere. I already ordered them once and cancelled, because they couldn't give me a realistic ship date.

There has to be something better out there... so what the heck are you guys using? Has nobody done a bigger brake upgrade on the second gen cars? If so, I can't find it anywhere. I'd even be almost interested in uprgrading to "N" parts, if that's even possible, but there is F all for info on that too! This is starting to get a bit frustrating, it's a very fun car on my small local track, if I could keep brakes on it I would never complain again. Except maybe for an LSD diff. haha

Maybe I'm just crazy and/or blind, but I can't find anything for real racing with these cars. Any points in the right direction sure would be appreciated!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,905 Posts
On my 14 turbo I use oreillys discs and ebc red stuff up front . Same discs and a ceramic pad on back. They work fine for track, I primarily AX though. Other pads I’ve used was porterfield vtrs pads they sucked for AX but were amazing on track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts