Veloster Forum banner

Should I buy a used 2013 manual non turbo 90,000 miles

• Yes for ~$6000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for ~$2000

• Yes but as little as possible and expect issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking about getting a used 2013 veloster manual appx 90k miles if I can get a good price.
What are your thoughts? Recommendations? Warnings?
I'm a reserved driver so I'm not so worried about turbos etc. I have lots of mechanical experience professionally for other things so I am considering after beaking it in I may do something fun with it like a rotary swap or a Honda swap.
Any information on reliability issues with this car would be awesome and would help me make a purchase for a daily. I hear the turbos are fun but troublesome. What about the non turbo? Is the manual solid as well? How are the accessories/electronics reliability like windows radio ac power steering (anything really).
Also if you have knowledge of possible swap kits or pitfalls. I know it's lots of work and money and sacrifice of accessories etc but that would be in the far future. I just like the shape of the car so I fantasize about playing with it when the stock engine takes a dump on me. I also don't like throwing things away so even a difficult project is fun for me.
Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
825 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking about getting a used 2013 veloster manual appx 90k miles if I can get a good price.
What are your thoughts? Recommendations? Warnings?
I'm a reserved driver so I'm not so worried about turbos etc. I have lots of mechanical experience professionally for other things so I am considering after beaking it in I may do something fun with it like a rotary swap or a Honda swap.
Any information on reliability issues with this car would be awesome and would help me make a purchase for a daily. I hear the turbos are fun but troublesome. What about the non turbo? Is the manual solid as well? How are the accessories/electronics reliability like windows radio ac power steering (anything really).
Also if you have knowledge of possible swap kits or pitfalls. I know it's lots of work and money and sacrifice of accessories etc but that would be in the far future. I just like the shape of the car so I fantasize about playing with it when the stock engine takes a dump on me. I also don't like throwing things away so even a difficult project is fun for me.
Thanks for your time!
Tall order. 😂
I'm going to keep it simple.
$4,000 and another $1,500 for any maintenance needed and you'll have a truly fun unique ride with a stick shift.
Good luck with your decision. 🙏🏽👍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts