Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 68 VW Beetle, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
48 Posts
It theoretically should, they should both be 1.6L Gamma GDI engines. maybe someone else can chime in and verify if there might be minor differences?

·
Registered
560 Posts
will a 2012 kia soul throttle body fit on my 2013 veloster base model?
That depends on the engine in that Soul. The 2012 Soul was available with the 1.6L Gamma and the 2.0L Nu engine.

If the Soul had the 1.6L Gamma engine then that throttle body should fit. But if it had the 2.0L Nu engine, no, it won't fit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It theoretically should, they should both be 1.6L Gamma GDI engines. maybe someone else can chime in and verify if there might be minor differences?
Here is the cross reference on my throttlebody I recently bought.
Its for the 2013 Elantra and is marked K60 on the throttle plate and most certainly will fit all the cars listed.

5E0D3DB2-CBED-47F2-9336-252E69377E46.png

·
weekend racer
7,213 Posts
the 1.6 gamma throttlebody will be the same across.

i believe the k60 throttlebody actually comes from the 1.8 . possibly some 2.0s?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Throttle Body For Hyundai Elantra Tucson Kia Forte Soul 351002E000 on Ebay.
This one fits 1st gen Velosters as well. It plugs right in. Only differences are that the cooling line barbs are angled a little differently and that it doesn't have the vacuum port. Solutions for the missing vacuum port are drilling and tapping for new barb, or getting a ported TB spacer.

·
weekend racer
7,213 Posts
drilling and tapping the TB is a cheap and easy solution as well if you have some skill.

you can bend the cooling line barbs but know that the elantra ones are smaller. i've been able to use the stock lines if i double up on the clamps. or you can loop the lines together.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Does anyone have documented proof this mod actually makes more power on a stock NAV? I mean, noticeable proof on a real dyno, not a butt dyno.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thats
drilling and tapping the TB is a cheap and easy solution as well if you have some skill.

you can bend the cooling line barbs but know that the elantra ones are smaller. i've been able to use the stock lines if i double up on the clamps. or you can loop the lines together.
That's what I did on mine.
I flush cut the barbs off with a hack saw and took the coolant lines and put them together with a 90 degree barbed brass coupling.
Iat's went down a bit from doing this and worked great. ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts