Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,
So I was replacing my serpentine (accessory) belt and I think I accidentally broke a critical part, but I can't seem to find out what it is or how to replace it. It's a connector that's on a pigtail coming from the wiring harness that starts at the bottom of the alternator. I've searched everywhere and I think it might be called a generator? But it looks like its actually sheared off. I'm attaching a picture of the part I'm referring to. Can anybody out there please help me identify what this part is and if/how I can fix it?

Attachments

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sheared from where it goes. What's left is where the wire goes in and then there are two small metal tabs sticking out from the front. I'll take a pic when I get home. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a picture of the broken part. And I think the wiring harness is actually coming from the AC compressor. This connector is on a pigtail coming off the main harness. I hope that helps.
IMG_20201121_154921.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
133 Posts
I don't know what sensor/solenoid that is but it's off the timing chain. Might be CVVT related.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Looks like that is the complete connector. Take it apart. Cut back enough of the insulation where the wire stubs are and reveal enough of the wire so that you can solder new wire to each one.

Find the wire that is cut and reconnect the whole thing.

Be careful to be sure the correct wire go to the correct wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like that is the complete connector. Take it apart. Cut back enough of the insulation where the wire stubs are and reveal enough of the wire so that you can solder new wire to each one.

Find the wire that is cut and reconnect the whole thing.

Be careful to be sure the correct wire go to the correct wire.
I think it's actually 20 on that drawing as it is on the alternator side. But THANK YOU so much for getting nthe right drawing. I have been given every kind of runaround there is on this. You made my day!!!! Thank you! Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts