Veloster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I purchased my valued edition 2017 veloster over 7 months ago as any amateur i did not realized it had these nuts key locks in the wheels and the dealer did not provided me with the key, I admit i have not called them about the matter because i thought they were kind of shady and the car did not even included the spare wheel kit, Yes it was a used car but i thought they at least will inform new buyers of this very really important stuff that can left you stranded by the side of the road, I been trying to buy a set of keys from online but after comparing them with the ones i have on my car, None of them matches the 7 points my nuts locks have, Please help me figure out the right key for my wheels lock.

·
weekend racer
7,662 Posts
that is the factory wheel lock. a hyundai dealer can order you a new key with your VIN i believe.

also, most econobox hyundais do not come with a spare... only a pump and fixflat kit.

Reactions: jkt1954

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are a few different ones, and they are randomly assigned by VIN. But, unless you live in a VERY high crime area, wheel locks are nothing but an inconvenience.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Just in case, mrjack20, have you looked in the hatch beneath the flooring where the non-existent spare tire holds the other items like a jack, tire pressure gauge and fix-a-flat reside instead? That's where mine still is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your responses ! I will call the dealer since i was about to order a new set and i noticed the pattern does not fit my nutlocks, They are fine, I don't live in a bad area, i have a pump but i don't feel comfortable not being able to take the wheels off if something happens in the road.

·
weekend racer
7,662 Posts
you can get a spare tire kit online, ebay is the best bet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called the dealership and they said they cant get me the key alone and that i will have to buy a whole set of wheel nuts 75 $$ I am sure they just break the keys that is installed in my car and put the new set in lol

·
Registered
2015 Veloster Turbo
20 Posts
Random question. I have the kit, but no tire. I’m wondering what the i-bolt with the threads on the end is used for.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I’m going to assume you mean “eyebolt”. It threads into the bumper to allow a tow truck to pull the car out of a ditch or up onto a flatbed truck for towing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts