Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a magnificent 2013 Veloster with sunroof and 6 speed manual transmission. I love it. One question for someone who can point me in the right direction: My left low beam headlight is out. I replaced the bulb. Still doesn't work. Both the old and new bulbs appear to have good filaments. What should I try next?
Thanks,
KB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get a multimeter and see if you have any power going to that plug (with the car running and lights on). Check that your negative terminal on the plug (with the car not running) and test it to any ground using an Ohms checker on the multimeter; if your ground point is good, your reading should be anywhere from 0.2 - 0.8 (depending your multimeter's resistance).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get a multimeter and see if you have any power going to that plug (with the car running and lights on). Check that your negative terminal on the plug (with the car not running) and test it to any ground using an Ohms checker on the multimeter; if your ground point is good, your reading should be anywhere from 0.2 - 0.8 (depending your multimeter's resistance).
My driver's headlamp burns out (or goes out) about every two months (2012 Veloster --- Tech + Style package) so I did the checks you suggest and the voltage was 13.9/14.0 and the ground check was 0.5-1.1 ohms. I checked the passenger side and got the same readings so that portion of the system seems fine. I switched the Drivers & Passenger bulbs and now both sides work.

That seems to imply the connection to the Driver's side headlamp is bad. The connector "looks" good. What should I be looking for with regards to a bad connection?

·
Super Moderator
4,271 Posts
First I'd check the boot to make sure no moisture is getting in. Secondly, put a little Electrical connector grease in the connector. It sounds like you might have a bit of a loose connection and the grease might help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
nvyseal
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing