Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a magnificent 2013 Veloster with sunroof and 6 speed manual transmission. I love it. One question for someone who can point me in the right direction: My left low beam headlight is out. I replaced the bulb. Still doesn't work. Both the old and new bulbs appear to have good filaments. What should I try next?
Thanks,
KB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get a multimeter and see if you have any power going to that plug (with the car running and lights on). Check that your negative terminal on the plug (with the car not running) and test it to any ground using an Ohms checker on the multimeter; if your ground point is good, your reading should be anywhere from 0.2 - 0.8 (depending your multimeter's resistance).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get a multimeter and see if you have any power going to that plug (with the car running and lights on). Check that your negative terminal on the plug (with the car not running) and test it to any ground using an Ohms checker on the multimeter; if your ground point is good, your reading should be anywhere from 0.2 - 0.8 (depending your multimeter's resistance).
My driver's headlamp burns out (or goes out) about every two months (2012 Veloster --- Tech + Style package) so I did the checks you suggest and the voltage was 13.9/14.0 and the ground check was 0.5-1.1 ohms. I checked the passenger side and got the same readings so that portion of the system seems fine. I switched the Drivers & Passenger bulbs and now both sides work.

That seems to imply the connection to the Driver's side headlamp is bad. The connector "looks" good. What should I be looking for with regards to a bad connection?

·
Super Moderator
4,365 Posts
First I'd check the boot to make sure no moisture is getting in. Secondly, put a little Electrical connector grease in the connector. It sounds like you might have a bit of a loose connection and the grease might help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a little dielectric grease and the next time the light went out, I put a lot of dielectric grease. It seams to work fine for a few weeks and then goes out again. To fix it, I just have to pull the plug and reinsert, but obviously I'd like a longer term fix.
I've got the boot installed and the cap is installed over that. I'm thinking about replacing the whole connector / boot assembly and see how that goes. Comments?
I've also thought about just replacing the headlights with LED

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
is the bulb loose in the fixture? bulbs can have the filaments break due to excessive vibrations as well, check everything is tight. i saw you posted in that other light thread and i advised you not to cut anything without examining the socket. i don't remember off the top of my head what bulb goes in there but you would want the same socket and wire type...

if you move to LED headlights you'll have extra stuff wired in as well that could be extra points of failure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts