Veloster Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
nice you were right im going to get my self a pair in the future. you can see they are brighter cause on your cabinet door on passenger side you can see its brighter then the other door.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Question. I got a bid from a local shop to install HIDs for $449. Is this reasonable? Don't want to go through the hassle of doing it myself.

Sent from my A100 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
120 Posts
what do you mean. you dont have to take the bumper off ? what do you use the vise grips for ?
Removing the bumper is not required.

I used the vise-grips to grab the black wiring 'cube' that connects to the bulb and needs to be twisted 1/8th of a turn to loosen/tighten the bulb from the housing. My medium-large hands were too big to get a solid grip on the drivers' side low-beam wiring connector/cube.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Question. I got a bid from a local shop to install HIDs for $449. Is this reasonable? Don't want to go through the hassle of doing it myself.

Sent from my A100 using AutoGuide.com App
If you read this entire guide about how you neither want nor need HIDs and are asking if spending $450 on HIDs is a good idea, then the way I answer this question won't matter.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhhhh laaaaaaaaa bright. i wonder how piaa night techs compare to these. same kind of light design and rival the nightbreakers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Onto the Nightbreaker photos.

(The scattered light above the cutoff is just a floodlight on the wall of the Target)
Impressive added illumination and altered beam pattern. But how is that possible when the bulb is (ostensibly) the same, just brighter?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow! Those Night Breakers look amazing!

Now I will definitely have to grab a set.

Thanks for creating this informative thread, Xan.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Impressive added illumination and altered beam pattern. But how is that possible when the bulb is (ostensibly) the same, just brighter?
I will be entirely honest with you - I have no idea how this **** works.
I just know what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got the same response at first in my other forums when i posted about the HID kits. give it time.........
I am curious as to how the LED headlights will perform as far as aftermarket installs. If its not original equiptment, then we should get the same results as the HID kits. My biggest problem are people who own 4wd trucks and have these aftermarket lights installed blinding the living crap out of everyone.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
i got the same response at first in my other forums when i posted about the HID kits. give it time.........
I am curious as to how the LED headlights will perform as far as aftermarket installs. If its not original equiptment, then we should get the same results as the HID kits. My biggest problem are people who own 4wd trucks and have these aftermarket lights installed blinding the living crap out of everyone.
I'm curious about those, too. I know BMW is working on Laser headlights, too... god, imagine aftermarket LASER kits... :(

81 - 100 of 128 Posts
About this Discussion
127 Replies
52 Participants
Blaster
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing