Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the other day minding my own business.. someone on the freeway has a blowout. The tire hit the front of my vehicle on the right side. I got home and noticed my bumper posturing downward. Come to find out the fasteners on the headlight that clip into the bumper broke. Any ideas on fixing this? Please help, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,376 Posts
you just missed a sale. you'll have to buy new clips. price about 70.00. the sale was 30 for both

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
OP, contact Socal Garage on the other veloster forum, maybe he has an extra pair left, good luck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Make sure that's what broke and that the mounts they screw into did not, wise you'll be stuck needing new headlights like i do. Mine broke in in accident on one side and insurance refused to replace the lights so it eventually snapped off the other side and did some damage, and still refusing to fix it correctly...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure that's what broke and that the mounts they screw into did not, wise you'll be stuck needing new headlights like i do. Mine broke in in accident on one side and insurance refused to replace the lights so it eventually snapped off the other side and did some damage, and still refusing to fix it correctly...
Thank you, I'll double check!

·
Registered
210 Posts
No problem, if anything what helps, is i took that broken bracket, clipped it back to the bumper so when the bumper goes back on, it's kind of lodged up in there so it's enough to stay up. I have one gone altogether, and the other is broke lol

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I did what hutch did but I also invested in a quick release kit from sick speed and screwed it into my front bumper and hood and that works beautifully.

·
weekend racer
6,963 Posts
mine were broken so I drilled everything out and hair and used longer screws and epoxy. They are solid now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts