Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought headers for my velo nav, and wanted to know do I have to tune it? I message the seller and he/she said it's not recommended but if I want gains then do so. I dont car about the speed bc it's not gonna give me the speed I want. I'm just looking to get my car louder with a nice sound that's all.

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
What did you get. Some Of them on eBay will need an o2 bung welder on them.

Registered
Just a reminder you will run a check engine code. ECU will believe your CAT has gone bad because of the secondary O2 sensor not being there. If you do but a bung on it will need to be stainless. I got my headers from shark racing and they are 100 percent stainless and the bung they provided was mild steel not stainless. No bueno. I just need a second O2 sensor for my afr for nitrous. So, you technically don鈥檛 need to worry about welding a bung unless you want to trick your ecu or have a gauge.

Registered
@Jemccall Did you manage to install it without getting a check engine code? share some results please as I've been thinking to buy one as well. What did you do with the O2 sensor and was it worth to get?

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
@Jemccall Did you manage to install it without getting a check engine code? share some results please as I've been thinking to buy one as well. What did you do with the O2 sensor and was it worth to get?
It's guaranteed there's a check engine light.
Also knowing the OBX brand I'm sure there's an O2 bung for the first sensor.
And AEM makes a non-weld on bung that can be installed by simply drilling a hole in the pipe and clamping on the device.
I actually had one of these on my drag car because I needed a second bung added to the down pipe for my AEM wide band sensor for data logging.
Worked great for 3 years of drag racing and another 10 years with no issues at all.
Here it is.
AB7BCEAB-4241-4173-A379-0F976162B870.jpeg

馃憤馃

Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA, 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
Bumping this, is there any feed back on this or the shark racing (could be the same one). I'm thinking my cat is clogged and this would be a good opportunity to run a header.

Registered
What did you get. Some Of them on eBay will need an o2 bung welder on them.
No it's not necessary to weld a bung. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
Unless your stock flex pipe is completely bad it can be reused for the secondary O2 sensor as the header has the Bank 1 O2 sensor already. 馃槈馃榿
Bumping this, is there any feed back on this or the shark racing (could be the same one). I'm thinking my cat is clogged and this would be a good opportunity to run a header.
Please don't get it from shark racing.
They screwed me for over $500 on a 2 item order and I had to go through PayPal to get my money back as shark racing never replied to any of my or PayPal's emails.
Their BBB profile is full of complaints.

Get the OBX 4-1 header.
I just put one in the Sloccent and now I call it the slightly faster Sloccent. 馃槀馃榿
eBay is out of them at the moment but they'll always pop back up for sale so just keep looking.
Should cost you about $450 with shipping and I am one happy customer with this header. 馃檹馃徑馃槏馃憤
63457F1E-6920-465D-8A9A-2B1AD54D5892.jpeg FAF515C6-53EF-4B79-B039-492E3CF7DC53.jpeg 09F35B95-2EC0-4AAA-B5FB-3A9ADF82AD0F.jpeg 03D28024-0286-4776-8A51-9A42509EEC6B.jpeg

Sound clip on first start up with the header. 馃榿

Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA, 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
Good to know, i'll keep an eye for them. Plan is to fix the issues with mine and sell it (again...) I already have a track car, a subaru swapped aircooled vw, a wrx and a tuned tdi sportwagen lol

Registered
Good to know, i'll keep an eye for them. Plan is to fix the issues with mine and sell it (again...) I already have a track car, a subaru swapped aircooled vw, a wrx and a tuned tdi sportwagen lol
I know and I'm jealous of you. 馃槥 馃槀馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
I remember having a 4 car stable similar to yours.
A drag car, my Paseo, my Porsche 944, and Ford Contour.
All I have now is my Sloccent and an 11 second Honda. 馃槏馃槀馃榿馃槈

Good luck btw. 馃檹馃徑馃

1 - 11 of 11 Posts