Veloster Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you met this issue?
I just got a new phone, so the other day I went in my bluetooth connections and erased the old phone, but the PAIR button was grayed out. Turned the car off and back on (engine running but neutral and handbrake - manual transmission). It asks me if I want to pair a phone, I click yes, then it gives me a popup saying "Cannot operate while driving. Please try again after parking the car."
Last time I needed to pair a phone was 2 years ago when I got my phone that I recently swapped out.
I have a remote starter, and I can hear the usual relay click when I put the car in neutral, handbrake on and take my foot off the brake pedal, indicating that the car is supposed to sense that it is "parked". So I don't think it's a relay issue. I tried resetting the radio, no dice.
Is there a way to factory reset the radio and reset all settings? Because I know the reset button does not erase stored phone connections and doesn't even forget what song was playing on my USB thumb drive...

Thanks!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
the little dot next to the cd drive is the reset.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
maybe pull some fuses?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have you tried pairing when the car is "On" but the engine is NOT running? The HU should still turn on and function normally when the engine is not running.

If that doesn't work, you could also try disconnecting the battery overnight to wear out whatever memory exists inside the HU.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried it while accessories on but engine stopped, and no dice. I actually did done work a few weeks back that had me disconnect the battery for over two hours and it only resets what a hard reset on the radio itself does.

I'll check fuses tomorrow...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you have your remote starter installed last time you were able to pair a phone?

It might be worthwhile to try updating your head unit software using one of the threads here or over on the VT forum, just make sure you find a file for the manual transmission as I think most of them are for the auto.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here but it's also worthwhile to clean up the engine bay grounds as at least one other person has done this and found it resolved an issue with their head unit functioning erratically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hold the setup button for 5 seconds, you'll see a blue screen , press the 4 corners of the screen : upper left, lower left, upper right thn lower right.
The code you enter is: 55555555
To change back to auto mode instead of driving you enter the code 91009100.
That's how I fixed mine.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hold the setup button for 5 seconds, you'll see a blue screen , press the 4 corners of the screen : upper left, lower left, upper right thn lower right.
The code you enter is: 55555555
To change back to auto mode instead of driving you enter the code 91009100.
That's how I fixed mine.
Good luck :)
Hi! Been having this issue and this fixed it. Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts