Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright pretty basic build thread to Start here.

Love my White V Turbo Perfect the way she is, but just needs a little personal touch of 'Me'.

So I teamed up with my buddies at J.M. Concepts to come up with some cool custom features and all that fancy lingo that everyone else has used.

I'll keep this updated as much as I can when I can, and anyone with ideas or suggestions PLEASE give them!

Artie (Nexus7861)

P.S. I will apologize in advance if pictures are turned every which way around, I forget how to fix that when i upload them here :p

For Starters,

20141016_172904[1].jpg

This is her the day I brought her home!

20141023_130123[1].jpg

First 'Mod".

20141105_185634[1].jpg

Custom screensaver 'Installed' That night.

Will add more to this as I progress, I am currently in the process of dipping the mud guards I bought, and should be installing them tomorrow (Sunday 11-22-14) if the weather holds up.

·
Registered
732 Posts
As a comic nerd this pleases me. *thumbs up*

Love the concept, and that shade of green would look great on your white V.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol Thanks Jay, it's actually the Hydra logo from Agent's of Shield. I got the mud guards dipped and my tow hook in the mail this morning and have to take and upload pics. Only downfall is that the hook is literally .05 mm too small for the factory port :/ Any ideas to fix this issue without damaging either part?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
The tow hook I had was a bitch to install as well...I had to put a little grease on it to get it going & tightened it down with an adjustable wrench. I thought it wasn't going to fit either but I finally got it to go. It might look a little crooked but that's the way they are. The hole is actually angled in towards the front license plate location a little.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed that & tried to make it work, but I still couldn't get it to go. I eventually gave up and ordered one from turbosocks & sold my other one to my buddy who has an 03 Eclipse (Boo).

I'm actually having a lot of trouble finding parts for my V since its a '15 & I'm not 100% sure any parts for the other model years will exactly fit. My wish list is growing rapidly though lol.

Sent Bri a pm about some graphic ideas but no response yet. (Assume her inbox is flooded so i'll be patient)

Saw these on eBay & will probably be the next to go on the car. I messaged the guy about getting a custom one done, but no response so far but otherwise its decisions decisions..

These?

OR

These?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Decepticons all day.

Megatron used to turn into a big ass gun, Optimus turned into a truck drivers dream. Need I say more?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok so long overdue update...

After a pretty significant 4 day 'Bender' & probably at least 30+ hours of meticulous (sp) work, Hydra 1.2 is complete for now.

Most significant change was dipping the entire front grill from black to white. It sucked to do, took probably 10 hours by itself, and I lost count after 9 coats & 3 cans of white dip.

Other changes include finally nailing down my Diode Dynamics interior pieces, Installing my LEDs for the interior, Dipping rims & mud guards (only a month later than I thought.) Hand painting the badges and Engine cover. Placing graphics in various places on the vehicle, Installing a Wolo bad Boy Horn to replace that anemic sounding stock horn, Dipped my inactive vent covers as well.

& most important of all

TAKING PICTURES TO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!! (almost 200 to be exact.)
All have been dumped into a photobucket album, for your viewing pleasure Here.

Highlights are to follow here (hopefully)

New Spoiler (Genuine Hyundai Accessory)

Dipped Claws & Rims

Some Graphic placement and those tail light garnishes (which actually don't quite fit a 2015 just right, unless mine were warped during production. But for the look, they hold just fine & were relatively easy to put on)

Actually found a little cap @ pepboys that tinted my hi beams green & in a tribute to (you know who you are) took this shot. Remember "Being original is forgetting who you stole it from." - Honky Tonk Man

Dipped the air vents (which are inactive on the turbo for some reason... dumb) white so now you can't see them unless you look for them.

Those alone took like 8 coats of dip even with sanding.

Proceeded to rip the front bumper off to replace the horn & provide a better perspective while I dipped the grill & painted the emblems. (I actually hand painted all my badges using an acrylic paint I found @ walmart to match my dip & I was quite happy with it)

The Front bumper took a lot of work, Like I said it.... sucked. BUT it looks rather decent.... Now I wish I could get rid of the brick...

LEDS

Because installing these to the tow hook is too mainstream...

Front Grill with Badge all finished.

Engine Cover all finished:

All Finished under the hood!

Nice shot of that sexy front end!

(Yes I noticed the dip ran down, but a little rubbing alcohol (which is now my best friend) actually takes it right off)

Gotta love a White Girl booty! (gonna now stick my head in the oven for using that term lol)

Front End looks better in the sun (yes I cleaned the drip)

WORK IS NOT DONE!

Mark III will include:

Dipping the gas pedal matte green.

20% Tint on all windows except the top rear will be a 5%

Installing green trim all around the interior of the car.

Graphics installed courtesy of Heil Graphics (Shout out to Queen Bri :) )

Maybe a wrap.. Still considering.

New Shoes?

Many other upgrades to actual performance of Hydra, For now, she's actually stock.

Final thoughts: the phrase of the day is 'I can't believe I did that to a 2015!' I actually Also bought everything pretty much off Amazon & eBay for relatively cheap & my local autozone & pepboys had everything else!

Thoughts? Please share!

Artie (Nexus)

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Next: neon green strut bar!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nice ride my man! I like that you are going subtle with the neon green, as I have seen way too much on others. Keep going!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Next: neon green strut bar!

White strut bar with neon green x brace underneath in the works. Next part to go on is the Pink wheel spacers I got from Jenn.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

The spoiler / splitter is from Hyundai Jay. Wanted to keep it simple plus it'll look good with my wrap when its done.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you eventually intend to paint everything you dipped for something more permanent?

I think eventually yes, but for now & in the case I don't like how it looks, I can always change it.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts