Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my Diode Dynamis HIT Kit.. AWESOME Product & GREEEEEEEEEEEAT customer service

Now I have been dealing with D.D for a few yrs, mostly with my Dodge Charger , but now with my Veloster. No surprise I was going to stick with Nick,,, for two reasons,, One his and DD customer service is 2nd to none and their products are awesome... Now I tinted my head lights and man was the Output low,, I reach out to Nick and got myself a 6000k HID Kit and 6000k Fog Light LED. On a previous thread I saw were people were saying that to go HID's. Its best to do the with projectors. Well I didn't have protectors and I must say it still looks AWESOME.. No blinding affect at all. Maybe because I went with 6000k and I have tinted head lights.. Either way I am soooooooooooooooo happy i got this Kit.. also not sure about other products,, but the DD Kit.. Didn't have to remove the bumper or the housing.. I had the HID installed in about 45 mins and that was with me talking my time.. Now the pictures looks like the lights are blinding. but thats just the way my camera took the pictures.. These HID's are perfect..

·
Registered
928 Posts
Totally agree! DD's customer service is fantastic

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I'll second this. Nick is awesome to work with and J.M. concepts only uses Diode products on our installs!

That reminds me @Nick we need to chat about potential sponsorship *wink wink

·
Vendor
1,182 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys!

We've always been proud to be a supporting vendor on this forum and we are always here if you need our help

Glad to hear everything turned out great @Eco-Bull

The Veloster has always been a fun vehicle to work with

Nick C.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been wanting to get the HIDs myself, but I also do not have projector headlights.
I've also been wanting to tint the headlights.
I may think about it :p
Really like how it turned out for you!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It all depends how tough you cops are in your area..

But being that you have a black car I will black out the center, (I had my wrapped.) Then I would go with a light smoke tint,, It will still look dark because you have a black car. Then I will get the 6000k HID fro DD.. if you get it from DD I can help you / walk you through installed.. Not that I work for DD but I am not sure if the other brands install was as simple,, :).. my 2 cents is DD has better products anyway,,, :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah I don't think cops are too tough here lol.
I haven't been pulled over yet for my tinted taillights and I see a lot of tinted headlights in my area.
Yeah I was gonna go with light smoke, not too dark, but could tell it's there.
I've been eyeing on the DD 6000k HIDs for awhile, but I have a NAV and no projectors :p
Gotta agree with you, all my LEDs are from DD and love them. I'm almost fully converted! Haha. Everything except turn signals.
I wanted to see how you did them without taking off the bumper. Thought it was impossible to install them without removing it. Now I see yours and I am probably gonna order the HIDs soon.
There are a lot of people who hate on those with HIDs with no projectors lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the 6000k is not a blinding as the 8000k.
But the tint will help.. The install does not require removing the bumber or headlights.. Now the driver side has a small area to work on. .. Took some time but inwas able to get my hand back there.

·
Vendor
1,182 Posts
I think the 6000k is not a blinding as the 8000k.
But the tint will help.. The install does not require removing the bumber or headlights.. Now the driver side has a small area to work on. .. Took some time but inwas able to get my hand back there.
8000K will actually produce less visible output than 6000K

We go into depth explaining HID Brightness here on our research section: HID Brightness - HID - Research

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts