Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after considering my options, I got a set of coilovers instead of just struts - so that fixed my problem, but it's introduced others, mainly in suspension setup.

Problem: Rear shocks are 2" lower than stock, with the bottom part all the way down, while still having the lower and upper locking collar.

What I need to know: Does it adjust further safely? The kit is supposed to allow between 0-4" drop, and my original goal was stock ride height, but I can live with Stanced Bro 1" drop.

Image:

Yes they're pink shut it. As pictured above, the rear shocks are about 2" shorter, which results in almost a 2" drop in the rear. If anyone else has these and knows, it would be helpful. I already asked Godspeed, but I haven't gotten a response. Need to get this fine tuned before an alignment.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
setting the rear of the car is pretty nifty - leave the shocks disconnected and spin the spring perches long as far as they will go and lock them. put the car down on just the springs and see where your height is. if its too low - i would send them back. you aren't going to raise them up past their max height without changing the spring perch and the shocks may not even support that.

you're looking at a coilover that isnt L shaped... like a ksport which will get you near stock height. or back to stock shocks and possibly lowering springs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The springs support up to stock ride height, the shocks... do not. After getting an answer from Godspeed, it seems the 2" drop is the minimum on the MonoSS. I'll just tweak the front end to match the rear is what I'll do, and tighten the springs and dampers to reduce the bottoming out.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
ugh.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo
7 Posts
The springs support up to stock ride height, the shocks... do not. After getting an answer from Godspeed, it seems the 2" drop is the minimum on the MonoSS. I'll just tweak the front end to match the rear is what I'll do, and tighten the springs and dampers to reduce the bottoming out.
I actually have godspeed on my rio and I spoke with (from a two year old memory) Paul I think. Who said the shock can be extended thru to half the sleeve. If that is not clear, just ask. I have over 30k mi on mine like that, no issues. But yes, load the spring before adjusting the shock. I can take pics if you really need, but it is straight forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts