Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my R-Spec a few weeks but my favorite part of this car is how smooth it shifts. I've had several manual cars and trucks and cant think of one that been better then this one.

I think the worst part of the car for me is not the Sterring.Its taking some getting use too.

All and all i really love this car.

Whats everyones best and least favorite part of the Veloster?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You mean the steering? And I have to agree with the shifter, its really notchy and easy to use!

My least favorite thing about my veloster is having to press the sport mode button everytime I hop in it. I think it should save your last known setting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. Steering.
I have to keep both hand on the wheel at all times it seems.Some roads are worse then others.I guess its something you live with.

I agree with the sports button.It must be something all new cars have to have. Why else would they want to cripple there car.

I haven't really pushed this car yet. I like to take things slow and easy for the first 1000 miles. Im itching to see what this thing can do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you sure its not because your LKA is on? It drove me nuts the first few weeks because the car never seems to go where I point it. I'm sure a tune can change the sports button issue. Enjoy the first 1,000, it gets much better after that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not sure what year car you guys have , i had a 15 r-spec and i absolutely loved the steering in it very tight turn radius . it also had a b&m short shiftier in it from factory. my new 19 "N" is always in the same mode when i start her up "normal" i have to go to the other three modes manually . The steering is great in mine its not as tight a as the 15 r-spec but that is not anything but getting use to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is fine cornering.And most of the time its fine when going staight,but every once in a while it will dart left or right.Like it found a ridge in the road and wants to follow it.
Whats LKA? Do i have that on the 2019 r spec? I'll go look it up

That N must be bad ass.I couldnt wait for one .Maybe next time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lane Keep Assist. It took a while for me to figure that out. There’s a button to the left of the steering wheel to turn it off. I do use it for highway situations, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LKA... Yeah thanks guys. I found it.Turned it off.The car seems the same to me. Im getting use to it though.Close to 800 miles on her.Started to drive it more normal now.Cant baby it for ever.Seems like it has plenty of power for me.Love rowwing through the gears.I was using the shift light to shift ,which can save you gas but its not fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry that youre still having the issue Fatzboys, maybe it's those sticky Michellins? Or just the pavement youre driving on?

But I get you, I definitely couldn't wait the full 1,000 miles break-in period, the car just always want to be pushed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
stateofmind
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing