Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mornint to all,
where i can find (please) the object's item,in the engine room?
i must replace and at the moment have no idea where is.
Maybe near the high pressure pump?
The replacement is this:
Fuel pressure regulator 4.5 bar

In the description there is this:
"
This Fuel Pressure Regulator is common to many vehicles and has standard 25mm and 10mm O-ring fittings which can be used as a standard replacement or a modification upgrade.

4.5 BAR Fuel Pressure Regulator

For a standard replacment please check your original for the pressure rating printed on the body and purchase accordingly

A fuel pressure regulator with a higher rating can be used as a simple modification for engines that need more fuel to eliminate low revs, flat spots and increase acceleration. We recommend this for off road and track use only."

Also,am i going to purhase the right one or not?
The specifications in bold are right?
Thank you in advance!

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
Good mornint to all,
where i can find (please) the object's item,in the engine room?
i must replace and at the moment have no idea where is.
Maybe near the high pressure pump?
The replacement is this:
Fuel pressure regulator 4.5 bar

In the description there is this:
"
This Fuel Pressure Regulator is common to many vehicles and has standard 25mm and 10mm O-ring fittings which can be used as a standard replacement or a modification upgrade.

4.5 BAR Fuel Pressure Regulator

For a standard replacment please check your original for the pressure rating printed on the body and purchase accordingly

A fuel pressure regulator with a higher rating can be used as a simple modification for engines that need more fuel to eliminate low revs, flat spots and increase acceleration. We recommend this for off road and track use only."

Also,am i going to purhase the right one or not?
The specifications in bold are right?
Thank you in advance!
Product Font Parallel Rectangle Auto part

Fuel pressure regulator is number 4 on the picture and part of the fuel pump assembly in the gas tank.

Removal of the rear seat gains access to the fuel pump which will most likely have to be replaced since it's part of the regulator.

Good luck. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 135764

Fuel pressure regulator is number 4 on the picture and part of the fuel pump assembly in the gas tank.

Removal of the rear seat gains access to the fuel pump which will most likely have to be replaced since it's part of the regulator.

Good luck. 馃憤
Thanks for the explanation.
So,if i'll change the full fuel pump in the future,i will not consider the single part (regulator) but the entire pump,that's right.
My V have 87.000 miles,is reccomended to change some componente for prevent indirect damages (e.g. fuel pumps,injectors)?

Registered
Thanks for the explanation.
So,if i'll change the full fuel pump in the future,i will not consider the single part (regulator) but the entire pump,that's right.
My V have 87.000 miles,is reccomended to change some componente for prevent indirect damages (e.g. fuel pumps,injectors)?
Yes proper maintenance keeps the car running before a break down occurs. 馃憤

Make sure the injectors are OEM as also the spark plugs.

Registered
I'm not so sure you're looking at the correct part that you say you are having trouble with. Sure, that's a fuel pressure regulator, but that is the low pressure fuel supply.
The high pressure fuel pump is located on the top of the engine and any pressure regulator would necessarily be located in close proximity to the pump and I just cannot see Hyundai installing the high pressure fuel regulator back in the gas tank.
You should consult someone who has knowledge about what you are inquiring and failing that you could download the correct repair manual that should have the correct regulator within the pages.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes proper maintenance keeps the car running before a break down occurs. 馃憤

Make sure the injectors are OEM as also the spark plugs.
Spark plugs Brisk,i change every 20.000 km
Injector at the moment are (all 4) OEM,runs fine
Maybe i'll change the high pressure and the low pressure fuel pumps,near the 100.000 miles.
Thank you for the reccomendations.

Registered
Here's a but more info on the 14.5 bar which equates to 80psi regulated output. This is the low pressure regulator.
High pressure fuel pump is 2-3 times the psi rating so saying I gave incorrect information is a trivial comment.

There is no high pressure regulator as the injector nozzles and solenoid timing if the injectors does the regulation of the high pressure fuel pump.

Certain comments should be taken with a grain of salt as well as little help was quantified by it.
Have a great day and hope you get it fixed with the right part your looking for. 馃憤馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a but more info on the 14.5 bar which equates to 80psi regulated output. This is the low pressure regulator.
High pressure fuel pump is 2-3 times the psi rating so saying I gave incorrect information is a trivial comment.

There is no high pressure regulator as the injector nozzles and solenoid timing if the injectors does the regulation of the high pressure fuel pump.

Certain comments should be taken with a grain of salt as well as little help was quantified by it.
Have a great day and hope you get it fixed with the right part your looking for. 馃憤馃檹
thanks a lot for the explanation.
when and if the time comes, I will change the items in question, now I enjoy it so that it is just fine
P.S. Brisk spark plugs (Premium EVO model)are VERY GOOD :)
In combo with new ignition coil,they've made a good job in the low revs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts