Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Hyundai Veloster Manuel transmission, I was running on close to empty, and needed to go to a gas station. Once I filled up the fuel light was blinking and on my screen where it says Empty to Full showed nothing for about 5 mins and then stopped, and came back on. I went to the check it out at OReillys and they told me there’s a bad fuel pump sender in my car. Is it true that it is the fuel pump and I need to change? Or can it be other problems like the pipes under my car with a leak or a bad fuel filter? I do not know, someone please help

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
Sender sounds like the most logical... How many tanks of gas have you gone through like this? Is it just the one? Do you have any codes?

I would drive for about 100 miles and try filling it up again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was close to empty before like with one bar but blinking in my screen, and it doesn’t really tell me how much in total miles I have left of gas to use on my screen for some reason, but the light fuel was on doing the same thing when i had filled up the whole tank with gas like last week. Yesterday It had happened again with my tank close to empty and filled up. Started blinking again and nothing on my screen. I have the code but I forgot it till I get home later on and I’ll share

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
you should be able to measure out 100 miles on the trip meter, i'm basically saying try to fill it when it's not completely empty.

you can also pull the battery cables off for a few hours and see if it resets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank is filled with gas, and the screen says full on gas since it doesn’t go by the fuel gauge right now. I haven’t had any problems with the engine stalling or stuttering yet before I went to check it out at OReillys yesterday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts