Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone seem to know where the front & rear jack points are for the 2014 Veloster Turbo? Looking to install my rigid collars next week and dip my wheels as well. I was just looking under the car but i couldnt find the front or rear jack points for the car. Maybe i missed it or im looking at it wrong. If anyone gets a chance can some1 take a picture of these two points for me please? this would be appreciated. Thankyou.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
You should be able to jack it up anywhere that the body is welded underneath. Those two pieces of metal on the bottom will easily support the weight of the car.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
This is how I jack-up the front, although I've been using a 2X4 piece of wood about 12" inches long in between the jack & sub frame so its not metal on metal. Better contact patch too.

Once it's up high enough you can place your jack stands in between these little notches. There's four on each side. These are your jack points.

For raising the rear I place the jack under the spring cup (again with a 2X4 piece of wood). Once it's high enough you can place your jack stand under the jack point and move to the other side. Sorry, no pics.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
You should never, ever use wood on a jack or on stands. If you've ever seen it split or break loose you'll understand why.

On the seam weld joint point I use a hockey puck with a groove cut in it so it goes around the seam.

Here's some pics of the pucks ..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it i think ill just figure out myself where to jack up the back from when that time comes. Thanks for the pic on where to jack up the front thats alot of help

·
Registered
36 Posts
For raising the rear I place the jack under the spring cup (again with a 2X4 piece of wood). Once it's high enough you can place your jack stand under the jack point and move to the other side. Sorry, no pics.
Hi! Reviving an old thread since I could not find any other confirmation of rear jack points being used. I want to put stands on the pinch weld stock jack point so I cannot also jack up the car from there. Is the spring cup the best alternative rear jack point?

Going to be the first time I'm working on the car since I bought it last October. Will be installing a curt hitch so I can tow my motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Hi! Reviving an old thread since I could not find any other confirmation of rear jack points being used. I want to put stands on the pinch weld stock jack point so I cannot also jack up the car from there. Is the spring cup the best alternative rear jack point? ... .
I have jacked mine up at the rear by jacking on the spring cups .. but I used two jacks to keep it even and get it in the air so I could put the stands (along with grooved hockey pucks) under the pinch weld jack positions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've never understood for the life of me why jack companies don't make an adapter with a slit on the tip of the jack so we can line it up with the jack points on the car. Just about every car nowadays has a rail and no flat points to jack a car up on. I get nervous thinking it could slide off the jack stands with me working under the car especially if I'm working on a bolt that doesn't wanna let go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agree. There are plenty of floor jack adaptors, but not for jack stands.

Until I see a better solution, I use rubber pad covers on the stand and then took a hacksaw to the "pucks" sold by others so it sits within the edges.

Stand 1.JPG Stand 2.JPG

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've never understood for the life of me why jack companies don't make an adapter with a slit on the tip of the jack so we can line it up with the jack points on the car. Just about every car nowadays has a rail and no flat points to jack a car up on. I get nervous thinking it could slide off the jack stands with me working under the car especially if I'm working on a bolt that doesn't wanna let go.
One thing my father and grandfather drilled into me as a young kid when wrenching on cars... Even if you don't have to take a wheel off to do what it is that you gotta do under the car (even when changing oil), take the two tires off on the end you are working on, and put them under the car so that IF the car falls, it won't completely crush you.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
One thing my father and grandfather drilled into me as a young kid when wrenching on cars... Even if you don't have to take a wheel off to do what it is that you gotta do under the car (even when changing oil), take the two tires off on the end you are working on, and put them under the car so that IF the car falls, it won't completely crush you.
Do you not use jackstands?

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Do you not use jackstands?
I bet he does but he is saying somehow if your jackstance give way the tires will be there to catch the car before it crushes you for you to slip out?

·
Registered
99 Posts
It won't completely crush me, just partially? Haha I always have trouble jacking up my car, but that's because I'm a noob. Literally 50% of the time, the alarm goes off when I lower it on to the jack stands

·
Registered
620 Posts
yes, i do use jackstands. I've also had a jackstand fail once and i'm very glad/lucky to have had the wheel under the side of the car i was working on. even with the wheel, the rotor came down low enough to cause pain in my leg. if not for the wheel, i'd have broken my leg for sure. i was sitting indian style working on the brake lines on my lifted Amigo and the jackstand simply failed. it didn't break, but was obviously not engaged properly and it gave way. Chit happens.. Another tip from dear ol' dad - when pulling a wheel off, do so from the sides...NEVER put your hand on the top of the tire to take it out, and NEVER EVER put your hands though the spokes to grab the wheel. Always from the outside, with hands at 9 and 3.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It won't completely crush me, just partially? Haha I always have trouble jacking up my car, but that's because I'm a noob. Literally 50% of the time, the alarm goes off when I lower it on to the jack stands
bottom line is...depending on your physique, the cars weight COULD compress you. a kid (19 years old) died not far from me a couple years ago, his jack failed and the car came down on him crushing his chest. The coroner indicated he suffocated to death and there was signes of his struggle under the car. if the wheels had been in place, he could have at least breathed..and may have been able to get free from the car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts