Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if im reading correctly, all you have is the ballast which plugs into stock harness then put the hid bulb in the assembly and your all set to go? I bought my fog light kit from Import Shark and wired to a switch. If this will work i will also be buying a kit for a 2012 accent.

-Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you using the HID relay kit +$10 or your doing fine without it? And if i did get the relay, how does that wire up?

·
Registered
306 Posts
You don't need the relay kit for the fog lights so dont bother getting it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
388 Posts
Wait are you sure we don't need a relay kit for hid fog lights for the NAV? You just plug in the ballast into the OEM fog light plug with the hid bulb and they will work fine? I already have hid low beams with a relay kit for them if that means anything for this. Please answer this because I'll put on my hid fogs in a heartbeat if Indont have to install the relay kit for them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The relay kit uses the stock harness to deliver the ballast a direct draw of current from the battery. It helps keep a constant draw so the lights don't dim and flicker. My understanding is this only applies to the headlights, the fog lights won't have these issues without the relay. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
hid foglights

I install the hid 6k low beam..I want to install the hid fog ..what donu guys recommended.. is it plug n play..will they fit OK.."881"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts