Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 2019 Veloster automatic transmission can be flat towed behind an RV? I’ve read that it can with modifications but I’d like to be certain it can. I’d appreciate any guidance with this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to the 11/2011 Hyundai Technical Service Bulletin titled Recreational Towing Requirements, Automatic and duel clutch transmissions cannot be towed with 4 wheels on the ground. I just purchased a 2019 Veloster R spec turbo manual, and hope someone out there has towed a similar car behind an RV, that can share their experiences.

·
Registered
563 Posts
According to the 11/2011 Hyundai Technical Service Bulletin titled Recreational Towing Requirements, Automatic and duel clutch transmissions cannot be towed with 4 wheels on the ground. I just purchased a 2019 Veloster R spec turbo manual, and hope someone out there has towed a similar car behind an RV, that can share their experiences.
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
Duel - verb or noun; conflict between two entities
Dual - adjective; having two parts

So unless the clutches in your DCT are conflicting with each other it’s a DUAL clutch transmission.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your comments, but the dual-clutch transmission, DCT, is the name given to a particular transmission type built by Hyundai and used in place of (an upgrade?) to the manual shift transmission. The DCT is not flat towable per the Technical Service Bulletin.

Has anybody out there flat towed a Veloster?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts