Veloster Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
[QUOTE = cabelohell; 1319872] Você poderia me dizer como seu canbus está configurado? Eu não posso acertar no meu! como nesta imagem, muito obrigado pela atenção

View attachment 122828

que preciso saber a versão que está sendo usada e a chave de entrada somente, se eu puder postar uma foto dessa tela agradeço muito [/ QUOTE]

The image on the screen that I need is this

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I bought the Veloster I was under the impression that the touch screen would allow satnav etc on the head unit. Surprise, surprise- no such luck in South Africa at the time.
So I went looking for a better unit that would fit nicely into the car and found several Android units available on aliexpress (I hope I am not in violation of forum rules). These unit run Android 6 or Android 7 and looked awesome, so even though I was quite apprehensive, I ordered one. If your Veloster has a factory fitted amplifier then you need to add a CANBUS decoder to your oder.
Once the unit arrived, I tested it on my desk with a desk power supply and some speakers I has lying around. It all worked fine so I progressed to the car, where I had the disappointment of my life; everyting worked as expected, except there was NO SOUND. rather ironic for a radio. After much communication with the seller, it turned out that a brown wire (marked 'amplifier' in the radio harness and 'Amp Ctrl' in the CANBUS decoder harness) has to be connected together. Once this was done it all worked perfectly.

The steering controls are programmed using an app on the radion and they all work. The aircon display on the radio works fine (but I believe this also needs the CANBUS decoder).

I now have an awesome radio in the Veloster while retaing the most of the original equipment - only the head unit was replaced.
The radio is a Navitopia by the way.:D
Would you help me? I need to know the settings of the canbus that is being used on your device because I can not configure it on my, pass your email?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If you buy the CANBUS adapter from the supplier of the radio (as given above) there are no settings to adjust - you just plug it in correctly according to the labels on the plus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I bought the Veloster I was under the impression that the touch screen would allow satnav etc on the head unit. Surprise, surprise- no such luck in South Africa at the time.
So I went looking for a better unit that would fit nicely into the car and found several Android units available on aliexpress (I hope I am not in violation of forum rules). These unit run Android 6 or Android 7 and looked awesome, so even though I was quite apprehensive, I ordered one. If your Veloster has a factory fitted amplifier then you need to add a CANBUS decoder to your oder.
Once the unit arrived, I tested it on my desk with a desk power supply and some speakers I has lying around. It all worked fine so I progressed to the car, where I had the disappointment of my life; everyting worked as expected, except there was NO SOUND. rather ironic for a radio. After much communication with the seller, it turned out that a brown wire (marked 'amplifier' in the radio harness and 'Amp Ctrl' in the CANBUS decoder harness) has to be connected together. Once this was done it all worked perfectly.

The steering controls are programmed using an app on the radion and they all work. The aircon display on the radio works fine (but I believe this also needs the CANBUS decoder).

I now have an awesome radio in the Veloster while retaing the most of the original equipment - only the head unit was replaced.
The radio is a Navitopia by the way.:D
Looking to replace my headunit also can you send me the radio you chose and what additional items that were needed ?
I have a 2014 Hyundai veloster turbo

21 - 24 of 24 Posts