Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to put my umbrella in car last night, left this nice little scratch right across the rear door

:mad:
photo.JPG

any suggestions?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looks like it didn't go through the clear coat which is great news. There are bunches of way to polish these types of blemishes out, but I'm definitely not an authority on it. Just leaning in to say "it'll be alright!" :p

·
Registered
262 Posts
My advice is to just accept it. I had a similar problem happen 2 days ago after getting back to my V in a parking lot. I noticed a small dent in the drivers door. I went for a 6 hour hike and had an epiphany. I concluded that all the worrying and chasing perfection is a losing battle. Now that I have this little dent, I don't have to worry about getting more.

BTW, that scratch is pretty thin. I bet it's not even visible from over 10 feet away.

·
Registered
894 Posts
wow. thathad to hurt.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My advice is to just accept it. I had a similar problem happen 2 days ago after getting back to my V in a parking lot. I noticed a small dent in the drivers door. I went for a 6 hour hike and had an epiphany. I concluded that all the worrying and chasing perfection is a losing battle. Now that I have this little dent, I don't have to worry about getting more.

BTW, that scratch is pretty thin. I bet it's not even visible from over 10 feet away.
Your right small axe, I do feel a little better now that the first blemish is on there, I was waiting for it to happen was stressing me out. wouldn't mind making it a little less obvious tho, Im pretty new to actually maintaining a car Aays, what is compound and how is it used?

·
Registered
375 Posts
ok, it may or may not come out, a little trick...run your finger nail over the scratch, if you can feel it, it ain't coming out, if you cant feel it, all the better, go get some light duty rubbing compound, and buff it out with an electric buffer if you are comfortable, if not bring it to a detail or body shop, and they can compound it out for fairly cheap, just make sure you apply a good sealer and wax afterwards

this info coming from 10+ years in the trade of bodywork/painting for me.....hope the info helped

·
Registered
998 Posts

Embrace Entropy.

Also, that'll buff out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts