Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I got my Veloster a few months ago and after getting used to it, I think it's time for some mods.

I'm satisfied with the Turbo for now, so I wanted to know which of the following is best for a 2013 VT.

Intake: cold or short ram and best manufacturer

What type of coilovers, strut bars, and brakes would be good enough to not completely drain my wallet?

Blow off valve that also won't drain my wallet.

An exhaust that isn't too loud and doesn't drone as I like to listen to music in car as well.

Is an upgraded transmission required?

Will I need to upgrade fuel injectors?

Thanks in advance for any replies I hopefully get.

·
Super Moderator
4,376 Posts
For a 13 VT with a 13 motor, I'd suggest leaving the engine and its components alone. A CAI doesn't really do much. If you take a close look at the factory intake, you'll see it is designed like a CAI.

a stock Exhaust could use a bit of tweaking though. I like my magnaflow, and you can find them cheap, used now, or even new at a decent price.

Will you be tracking your car? What area do you live in?

BTW, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
268 Posts
Closed

Look here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Listen OP, this is exactly what you’re going to do, I myself drive a 14VT so we’re in a similar boat. It is important to realize these are not WRX’s that retain 60% of their value after 10 years. The depreciation on these cars is unreal, however you already own the car so ignore the haters telling you to get a V’N. However I would make it a goal in the next few years to upgrade to a newer faster car with a bigger displacement. SO, here’s what you need to do to have fun without breaking the bank of dropping 20K into a 8K car.... step one: TMS 3.5 intake from damnfastDD, don’t invest in a BOV for now, disconnect the recirculating hose and let the stock BPV dump into the bay, the stock BPV is just sharp and loud enough to still sound pleasant, step 2: go to a muffler shop, have them cut right after the cat, replace all piping with 2.5 non SS ( not worth it for this type of car ) then have them put a magnaflow muffler where the resonator was, just below the center consol, and have it dump right in front of the RR wheel, I’ve had had this for 2 years and it has not caused problems, then get a stage 1 from Tork, ebaich pro springs, and 15mm spacers, don’t bother putting 4K into wheels and tires for this type and year of car. Do this, have fun, and start looking at maybe V’Ns or an FRS/370 that you could throw a turbo on when your more financially stable, don’t get me to wrong, I love my VT, it was a great car for my early 20’s, and if I could throw the shell on a NA 3.2+ without spending an arm and a leg I would, hope this gives some perspective

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts