Veloster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Veloster Turbo, that I'd like to change the exhaust up on potentially. I don't want anything obnoxious or that will wake the neighbors a quarter mile down the road up. But I'd like to give it that nice purr and maybe a little better sound when driving. What would you recommend?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Go with CNT Racing. I've had mine since 2016. Still sounds & looks awesome. Do the downpipe and catback for the full effect. Not obnoxious but you'll love tunnels and underpasses (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with CNT Racing. I've had mine since 2016. Still sounds & looks awesome. Do the downpipe and catback for the full effect. Not obnoxious but you'll love tunnels and underpasses (y)
Outside of the replaced components, or the components causing an issue, would this void any warranties?

Also what is the big difference between the cat and catless, is one better?

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Couldn't be happier with my Magnaflow Catback. Has a nice growl but no drone. I suggest if you live in a state like California you plumb the exhaust through the OEM tips. Anything radical looking will alert the law enforcement to look further for modifications resulting in a fix-it ticket which is referred to a state referee. End result is the exhaust needs to be put back to stock, any other modifications you have done needs to revert back to stock. and you are out about 300.00+ in court costs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use to live in California. Do t you love all the mods and Carb rules etc. Haha.

Any chance you have any audio of your setup, from either of you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2015 Veloster Turbo, that I'd like to change the exhaust up on potentially. I don't want anything obnoxious or that will wake the neighbors a quarter mile down the road up. But I'd like to give it that nice purr and maybe a little better sound when driving. What would you recommend?
I have a Borla Catback with a res delete, it pops amd its very nice, deep amd Thoathy, you can hear the turbo and the bov which makes it a absolute amazing Exhuast

·
Registered
10 Posts
I second the CNT catback! I've had mine for a year - not overly loud, no drone, good quality, and easy install. I don't think there's enough support with the stock hangers so I had someone weld another hanger. Just recently he removed the old muffler heat shield (a year after installation) because a bolt sheared and the heat shield was rubbing from the vibration. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heres my brand new start up video

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a J2 racing exhaust on mine. Direct fit and sounds growly and not japaneezee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
JeffR
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing