Veloster Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 102 Posts
I would have to get gps to work first. (dont know what process to kill yet).
Didnt have time anymore to work on this because of my new job.

I hope to pick it up again soon :)
I've been experimenting while waiting for your work to succeed I've had the IGO8 nav to start and work as fare as voice, language and maps. It doesn't see any satellites, so I'm at the same place as you are right now.

Update: According to this it's jupiter.exe which is responsible for satnav :http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...al-errors-blue-exe-jupiter-exe-any-ideas.html

Is it safe to stop jupiter.exe process in task manager and load wolf nav. Anyone familiar with CE who can comment?

Discussion starter · #70 ·
You can kill all processes. you can compare it with windows autostart,
All the processes will start again after a reset or cold boot of the headunit. I tried killing them with a mortscript while loading gps but didnt try hard enough yet :)

Let me know when you find something, then ill write a script and recompile everything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

You can kill all processes. you can compare it with windows autostart,
All the processes will start again after a reset or cold boot of the headunit. I tried killing them with a mortscript while loading gps but didnt try hard enough yet :)

Let me know when you find something, then ill write a script and recompile everything.

I've killed all the visible processes like jupiter, LGENavi and a few more, logged out from your panel and in again, but nada concerning satellites. There's a visible difference in the wolf config-setup concerning the way it searches for com-ports if processes are killed or not. If nothing killed and you ask to search for com-ports, it does it quickly and comes back saying no connection on all three visible ports. If I kill the visible processes and ask for a search of ports it's done slowly and it comes back saying no signal on com3.

With that in mind it seems like com 3 one way or another becomes available, but there's no signal.

If I logout from your panel and try to start car-nav it doesn't start at all after killing the processes. Question still remains how to reach the gps-signal?

Discussion starter · #74 ·
To be honest, i dint have the motivation to dig deep in the gps stuff as i find the veloster navigation software excellent, the best i have ever used :)

To be honest, i dint have the motivation to dig deep in the gps stuff as i find the veloster navigation software excellent, the best i have ever used :)

Not when you have to pay 220 USD for an update which consists of maps from Q3 2011 as an update for 2013. I'm not happy at all.

True, i didnt even know that :s

Gives me a reason to get back on the gps issue ;) ill try to make some time!

I'll gladly pay for you to take it up. I've been trying a lot and the interesting thing is that 7ways picked up from the Russian website where you also been can capture the satellites. It says connected, but the maps are no good, at least not for Sweden. It looks like 7ways API is able to free the comport and use it. If someone is able to reverse engineer the 7ways API that would solve the problem. In other words it should be possible to do with the right knowledge.

As I said before and you know it too that iGO runs but can't capture the satellites, even though I closed all running tasks except Wolf. The rest runs fine pictures, video and MP3.

Another question, did you get hold of the jailbreak from the Russian website? I can't since even if it's translated in to Google English I'm not able to register.

Discussion starter · #78 ·
I'll gladly pay for you to take it up. I've been trying a lot and the interesting thing is that 7ways picked up from the Russian website where you also been can capture the satellites. It says connected, but the maps are no good, at least not for Sweden. It looks like 7ways API is able to free the comport and use it. If someone is able to reverse engineer the 7ways API that would solve the problem. In other words it should be possible to do with the right knowledge.

As I said before and you know it too that iGO runs but can't capture the satellites, even though I closed all running tasks except Wolf. The rest runs fine pictures, video and MP3.

Another question, did you get hold of the jailbreak from the Russian website? I can't since even if it's translated in to Google English I'm not able to register.
I dont do this for money mate, just for fun ;)

The jailbreak backups and replaces a system file on your headunit which is modified with wolfcnu and linked with the settings button. When you hold the settings button some time it launches wolfcnu.

Basicly it just does the same as our usb solution. Ours is ofcourse much safer as it doesnt need to alter system files.

I dont do this for money mate, just for fun ;)

The jailbreak backups and replaces a system file on your headunit which is modified with wolfcnu and linked with the settings button. When you hold the settings button some time it launches wolfcnu.

Basicly it just does the same as our usb solution. Ours is ofcourse much safer as it doesnt need to alter system files.

I hope you will do it for fun. Again I would appreciate if you would take your time and do it. What I found using 7ways is that the bluetooth doesn't work while the stick is inserted.

Discussion starter · #80 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late answer, yes i can create a package for US models as well. Have to contact a moderator as well to put this as sticky. it keeps getting lost between the other posts.

I finally have more time now so i can restart development :)

EDIT : Try this US package as how i described in first post for the EU veloster and pelase give feedback as i cant test it myself.

http://d-h.st/N1p

61 - 80 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.