Veloster Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Administrator
4,748 Posts
Nope, No pics, only have pictures of a big gaping hole in my old block at 18,000 miles. I do have a carfax of the donor car because I wanted to make sure of the mileage and maintenance of the engine before I did the swap. There was no engine harness change. everything bolted up no problems

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Interesting. I put a R Spec 14 engine that had a manual in my 13 Turbo Ultimate automatic no problems.

Edit: A turbo to a turbo and NAV to NAV swap should all be the same.
Absolutely! A turbo to Turbo would work, But.. A Turbo Veloster Engine which comes with VIN "E" will not fit a NAV which comes with VIN"D" but.. a accent engine or Forte Engine with VIN "E" are Non Turbo, ergo.. Will Fit!

· Administrator
4,748 Posts
Any Turbo to NAV will have difficulties, Same with NAV to Turbo..

Reactions: misnblu

· Registered
18 Avalon
1,252 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base 1.6L. My engine is blown and I'm trying to buy a replacement. So from what my understanding is, I can replace the engine with a 1.6L from a KIA Rio, Hyundai Accent or Turbo Veloster. But what I want to know is, if my VIN's 8th digit is D and the Turbo is E do I have to swap out the ECU as well and would that ECU be compatible with the base Model?
So from your understanding to begin with was wrong, you cant use the turbo engine; we have been trying to tell you that.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So from your understanding to begin with was wrong, you cant use the turbo engine; we have been trying to tell you that.
NAV Which are VIN "D" will fit another NAV, But.. Turbo which are VIN "E" on the Velosters will not fit! And Vice Versa.. But.. VIN "E" 1.6L from Hyundai or Kia that is not a Veloster Turbo will fit as they are not Turbo! Get it??

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,836 Posts
Turbo fits turbo non turbo fits non turbo that makes some sense.

Reactions: nvyseal

· Registered
1 Posts
OK, Huge Update! So basically, the 2012 - 2017 Accent Engine with VIN E will fit a Hyundai Veloster 2012 - 2017 with VIN D. Reason behind this is because the Transmission in an Accent with VIN E is not a Manual like the Turbo Version, It is an automatic so the Bell Housing Fits and the Wiring Harness is the same. I actually spoke to the Hyundai Service Folk and they confirmed! So That was Awesome for me.. I Now am getting an Engine with only 34k on it. Its like having a New Car lol.. Same ECU and Everything.
Hi there
I’m in the same situation here have a 2014 base model veloster with blown engine vin 8th digit D and have an engine from accent 2013 8th digit E
Do yours worked ok?
If did I can start working on it !

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,836 Posts
it should work fine AS LONG as you remove the flex plate and install the pressure plate/clutch plate.

Reactions: misnblu

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,836 Posts
2017 - but don't forget all the cool turbo stuff like the ecu/harness/ac lines, etc etc.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base 1.6L. My engine is blown and I'm trying to buy a replacement. So from what my understanding is, I can replace the engine with a 1.6L from a KIA Rio, Hyundai Accent or Turbo Veloster. But what I want to know is, if my VIN's 8th digit is D and the Turbo is E do I have to swap out the ECU as well and would that ECU be compatible with the base Model?
Hey bro I have a question too I have Hyundai veloster N/A can I swap it to Hyundai veloster turbo

· Registered
4 Posts
I
I have a question. I have a 2012 base Veloster but I'm trying to put a turbo engine on it and trying to see what is the newest Veloster model turbo engine I can put in my 2012 base Veloster 6 speed manual transmission? Thanks for any help
Me too guys have same but I want swap it to same model 2014 hyundai veloster turbo engine can I do it or if anyone have
Make sure to add an oil catch can to your replacement engine. Even a 20.00 kit with baffles works with some good PCV hard tubing. GDI carbon build up is greatly reduced if you can keep those PCV deposits from forming on your valves and in your cylinder/injectors. One more thing and this is very important! Make sure your catalytic converter is clean and not clogged. All those deposits go right into it and melt it clogging it and that can kill your engine due to back pressure. So make sure to remove it and inspect and clean it out if needed.!!! Your last engine may have released some inside so check it out!!! If you do this your replacement engine will give you a long smooth running life. One last thing, if you see lots of oil sludge on the valves of the replacement engine (you can see it when the intake is off, you may need a video probe). CLEAN it and clean the injector tips. Do all before you run it. After you finish all you need to do is add a bottle of Chevron Complete fuel system cleaner every oil change. I worked in the parts and service department for a Hyundai dealership and learned a lot.
Hey bro may you have any idea I have hyundai veloster N/A turbo and wants to swap to veloster turbo engine can I do that

· Registered
10 Posts
OK, Huge Update! So basically, the 2012 - 2017 Accent Engine with VIN E will fit a Hyundai Veloster 2012 - 2017 with VIN D. Reason behind this is because the Transmission in an Accent with VIN E is not a Manual like the Turbo Version, It is an automatic so the Bell Housing Fits and the Wiring Harness is the same. I actually spoke to the Hyundai Service Folk and they confirmed! So That was Awesome for me.. I Now am getting an Engine with only 34k on it. Its like having a New Car lol.. Same ECU and Everything.
Where’d you buy an engine from? Just curious

· Registered
1 Posts
2 cylinders are flatline, No Compression. Rebuilding is time consuming and not always the way to go. Id rather just drop a new engine with lower mileage and call it a day. To Rebuild would cost me around $1800, to buy a new engine with lower mileage and a 5 year warranty on parts and labor $2200. The math makes sense..
Where are you finding 5 year for 2200?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts