Veloster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
engine stalled and car shut off couple times when ideal and wait for traffic lights, it happened randomly, maybe twice or three times a week, that's quite often. Also, if I start car right away after engine stall, car won't move, so each time after stall, I have to wait 20-30 secs, then start again, I can tell how frustrate all cars behind me. Anyone experience the same problem, is fuel injector bad or dirty, fuel pump bad or electrical issues, need help. Thanks.

· Registered
3,480 Posts
Honestly, I would have thought this was way less than ideal :)

Seriously .. gonna need way more info that this .. year, mods, trans, do you have warranty?

· Registered
5 Posts
I changed the crankshaft sensor and it has stopped shutting off but still randomly won’t go into gear and I have to shut it off and on a few times then it will work. I hear it’s a common problem but what is the fix

· Registered
612 Posts
On my 2012 a month after i bought it started doing that after extended driving(middle of north dakota winter) no errors but i would have to sit around for 5+ minutes before it would reengage the transmission(dct). Mine ended up being the trans oil overheating causing limp mode due to air in my system(according to the dealership...)

· Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here. Issues after issues with my 2012 Vee. Any solutions would be helpful. For me, i turn the ac on high at red lights to keep the rpms higher. Usually avoids the stall out but other times i just sit a neutral with foot on lightly on the gas pedal until the green light. Its my jimmy fix lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts