Veloster Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
any fixes on this yet? i have a friend who's got a 2013 with 126xxx km. it has done it on her twice now. but she says it does it when the weather is hot. never did it in the winter. thoughts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
any fixes on this yet? i have a friend who's got a 2013 with 126xxx km. it has done it on her twice now. but she says it does it when the weather is hot. never did it in the winter. thoughts?
Would need more information to fully diagnose. Any CEL? Anything else fail recently?

If I had to guess from what I have so far, I'd say Crankshaft Position Sensor. Typically when this goes bad it'll cause a stall at low engine speed and occasionally the tach will drop to zero independently of the actual engine speed. Typically the motor will start fine when cold and not cause issues until it starts to warm up. If you're up for just throwing parts at it, start there. If not, tell us as much as you can about the car's symptoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No codes at all from. Only codes I pulled up were history codes from abs module, air bag as well as instrument cluster, C1688, B2500, B1603 respectively.
Few things that were done to this vehicle, spark plugs last year, as well as battery.
How to test the crank sensor? What’s the specified voltage or resistance should it have??

thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
If I remember right, it should be in the neighborhood of 900ohms, maybe a little higher.

Worth noting that even if it reads good here, it could still need replacing. Happened to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update:

Check engine light came on after a couple of days with a crank position sensor code. Finally, we had something to go by. We’ll see how it goes, I’ll update again otherwise.
Thanks

21 - 26 of 26 Posts