Veloster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I am driving a 2012 Veloster, tech package. I have 35,000 km on it. Today I was driving and my car started to sputter and jerk and then stalled. I turned it back on, and it rev'd up to 1000 rpm and died...did that twice on me...after about 5 or 6 minutes, I started it again, and she went on just fine...I drove to the dealer and they ran tests. Of course, it didn't do that at the dealer, however it came back with 3 errors related to the "CAN-Line" and the steering column.

They didn't fix anything as they didn't know the solution, they contacted Hyundai and am waiting for a response.

Anyone experience this or have any insight to it?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue but that's just from symptoms, and I'm shooting in the dark because I haven't worked at all on these engines.

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
this seems like a new one. fuel starvation issues allow the car to run fine but sputter at higher loads. did the dealer give you any more info? steering column sounds like the electric steering assist motor could be failing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer had no info at all, I had to call him today all its doing is jerking, definitely not a smooth ride.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys, I gapped them to roughly .40 or .38 I cant remember now its been months, but they were fine. The dealer called today and said Hyundai Canada responded to them saying it was a carbon build up in the valves. when I explained to him I use a system cleaner kinda like the one Hyundai sells, he said its not enough and it requires some sort of foam they use that smokes a lot when done. I am not sure that will help, he wants 130 CDN to clean it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what i was thinking. I'll ask the service manager to ensure there really is a carbon build up or I'll ask him to reimburse the diagnostic fee they will charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I am driving a 2012 Veloster, tech package. I have 35,000 km on it. Today I was driving and my car started to sputter and jerk and then stalled. I turned it back on, and it rev'd up to 1000 rpm and died...did that twice on me...after about 5 or 6 minutes, I started it again, and she went on just fine...I drove to the dealer and they ran tests. Of course, it didn't do that at the dealer, however it came back with 3 errors related to the "CAN-Line" and the steering column.

They didn't fix anything as they didn't know the solution, they contacted Hyundai and am waiting for a response.

Anyone experience this or have any insight to it?

Thanks
Jeff
Try changing the crank position sensor

·
Registered
22 Posts
1st your GDI engine needs a walnut blast induction service and have the injectors removed and cleaned. 2nd you need to install a baffled catch can and use 1 bottle of chevron techron complete fuel system treatment every 3000 miles to keep the injectors clean. Crank angle position sensor is a possibility since it was stalling, low mileage for that though.

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
this thread is over 5 years old :p

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
True, true ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts