Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had your Veloster engine replaced? My 2013 base model was drinking oil and I took it is for a oil history test. They had me return once a month to check oil levels. Finally they determined that they would replace the engine at zero cost to me. After 99 days and three free rental cars I got mine back. However they do not roll back the engine warranty so I've got 10K left on the original warranty.

·
Super Moderator
4,271 Posts
Sounds about right.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
..... I've got 10K left on the original warranty.
All Hyundai work is guaranteed for 12 months regardless of mileage. Me? 10K would be another 5 years.

That said, I'm just glad the long saga you endured to get to this point is over. And, thanks for the follow-up. Fingers crossed you got a good replacement engine and 10K won't be any concern.

·
Registered
491 Posts
only gnar replacements ive gotten on 2 of my Hyundai's under warranty were 2 DCT's & 3 flywheels on my 2016 Veloster turbo & 1 DCT on my 2017 Tucson Night Edition. engine's are solid as long as you change the oil every 3k miles

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad you got them to agree to change your engine out. I tried twice. Hyundai denied me both times saying my oil loss was "acceptable".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have any of you had your Veloster engine replaced? My 2013 base model was drinking oil and I took it is for a oil history test. They had me return once a month to check oil levels. Finally they determined that they would replace the engine at zero cost to me. After 99 days and three free rental cars I got mine back. However they do not roll back the engine warranty so I've got 10K left on the original warranty.
The 2013 engines had lots of problems, you should be good for 100,000 plus now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
AlanD PhD
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing