Veloster Forum banner

Engine Mods

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Incognito 
#1 ·
So I have a ‘15 Veloster Turbo and engine wise everything is stock. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions other than blow-off valves and air intakes for me. I’d really like to switch out the turbo for something more powerful or even do some engine mods so give me what you got. Thanks!

#2 ·
I have gotten rid of my old stock turbo and I got a BorgWarner 53039880306 and you can run about 20-30 pounds of boost on a built engine, but I do suggest you add all of the intakes and blow off valves because its cheaper and it requires a lot of money to get a shop to put in a new turbo. I suggest not messing with your turbo unless you rebuild your engine,or your engine will most likely throw a rod. If you have a stock car, I suggest you get small performance parts that are bolt on's.

#3 · (Edited)
I'd suggest going catless and getting a tune. Those are (by far) the two best improvements you can do performance wise unless you're looking at spending $10K on the motor. Those two will put you at about 250 HP and will make your VT a very fun commuter. You will also need supporting mods like plugs, motor mount bushings, catch cans or VTA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.