Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little review of the EBC Yellowstuff brake pads I put on the Veloster R-spec for those of you inclined to track or autocross your V turbo. I've got EBC's slotted rotors on as well.

Pros: Stop great. I mean really great. Brake dust was acceptable.
Cons: Horrible wear. One track day and one autocross day and pads are below a point where they could do another track day. Probably 2/3rds gone. I swapped them out with a set of EBC's premium daily pads for the winter and will save them for an emergency set, but man that makes for an expensive track day. $100+ for pads for a day on top of the $350.

For those counting that 2 sets of pads in 5224 miles. LOL!

I've still got the original OEM pads on the rear. They look like they're maybe 1/3rd worn. Is there any way to get my rear brakes to do more?

·
weekend racer
7,765 Posts
Maybe mess with the prop valve?

I have the redstuff. No complaints so far.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was not aware that there is a brake proportioning valve on the Veloster Turbo.

·
weekend racer
7,765 Posts
you could be right... lol maybe it's in the abs module.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
495 Posts
Maybe mess with the prop valve?

I have the redstuff. No complaints so far.
I was going to say the same but you'd have to do some fabrication on the hard lines to make it work.
Most of the weight is on the front so it's kind is normal to have the most wear on the front as compared to the rear.
Motorcycles are the same way as most utilize more front bias with their brakes than the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts