Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
In a word: No.

They're not (relatively) low-speed Diesel engines, why would you believe they require one?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Genesis uses a dual mass but I don't believe the Veloster, Accent, Elantra do.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to come up with other things to have the dealership check on if my car is still having issues tommrow when I pick it up tommrow, they put a new 6speed manual in it ( less than 1,200miles on it ) , It was making alot of noise in neutral on cold starts, so they called it a bad throw-out bearing, they replaced that, told me it was all good, but after the car sat for 11 hours while I was at work, started it up 10 minutes before I left for the night, noise was back, and was getting alot of vibration in the shifter in first gear, hard shifting into 2nd and 3rd, then poped out of 3rd gear 3 times on my way home. Went straight to the dealership the next morning, they had the car for 5 days, I called them on the 5th day to see what was up, they said Hyundai was sending a new transmission. So if it is still acting up I want to have some other things in mind for them to check. I have read alot about DMF's failures and issues with them, and that alot of car manufactures are using them now days, and I knew Hyundai was usuing them in the Genesis, but did not know if they had them in anything else. thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Is it possible some of the pressure plate "retention springs" have broken? I'm not sure if that's the correct terminology or not but the stacked/riveted "metal shims" that hold the pressure plate to the diaphram anyway. I had that happen to the stock clutch in "my other car" due to many 10k+ rpm shifts. I had lots of vibration in any gear and shifting was an absolute BEAR. It would randomly pop out of gear too. I ended up opting for a CM Stage 3 Segmented Kevlar Ceramic clutch and it's been fine ever since. Obviously I was WAY out of warranty when I fixed it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
funny...i cant find the flywheel on HMA....they must be hiding it. haha Traditionally, hyundai has not used dual mass flywheels on the smaller 4 cyl motors (except for the gen coupe turbo)...so i'm not completely convinced either way.

·
Registered
568 Posts
funny...i cant find the flywheel on HMA....they must be hiding it. haha Traditionally, hyundai has not used dual mass flywheels on the smaller 4 cyl motors (except for the gen coupe turbo)...so i'm not completely convinced either way.
I have gotten 2 dual mass flywheels on my 2016 veloster turbo DCT under warranty for 2 different reasons and warranty issues

·
Registered
1 Posts

They're not (relatively) low-speed Diesel engines, why would you believe they require one?

Yes they do, I have a 16vt and been having a rattle in the transmission... they replaced the trans, but still hat the rattle... now I was informed they are going to replace the Duel Mass Flywheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts