Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2012 recently and had the windows tinted. When tinting the fixed rear driver side window, my tint guy pointed out that that window was loose when he pushed to squeegee the tint. It is only loose at the front edge and top at this point and I can pull it away from the body about a 1/4". Does anyone know how this window is held in? Just adhesive, clips and adhesive? I'd like to do the repair myself but I can't find any info online about re-sealing it and don't want to break it trying to remove it to fix it.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
that's probably about it holding it in i bet.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The glass is held in with a "capture" type molding and if you can pull the glass away from the metal frame it would mean the molding is needing replacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ricky-D, I think I see what you are talking about. Looks like the glass is still attached to the molding and the molding is pulling away. From pictures I've seen online, it looks like they mount as a unit with windshield/glass adhesive, clips and nuts. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
No, that does not sound "right". No adhesive, and no clips, and no nuts, I would think.
Get a new molding first off, and then you will see how to proceed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts