21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
4,593 Posts

·
Registered
2020 NAV
9 Posts
I have a 2019 veloster turbo and the door won't open from the outside. The door is unlock and I can open the door from the inside.
I just experienced the exact same thing on my 2020 this morning in 25° weather, was hoping it'd be longer before I'd have to take it to the dealer to cash in my warranty :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2019 veloster turbo and the door won't open from the outside. The door is unlock and I can open the door from the inside.
The interior mechanism is frickin PLASTIC. So it probably broke, cracked, or came loose. Same thing happened to my passenger door. The back edge of the handle pops off & reveals a screw & the slide the handle rides on. See if it's fixable, but it's not really something you would want to get too deep into. I didn't anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That happened to mine this morning too but the temperature did dip to 22 so it may be ice related like the other posts said. I'll have to see if it occurs on another icy morning but it sure did provide me with a wake up!
[/QUOTE i live in South Lake Tahoe and its winter again, means that i have this issue, my driver door wont open from outside, i have to open it fron inside from passenger side.
I just leave it for few hours under the sun and i can open the door normally but the next morning it happend again. So i dont know if the extreme cold weather causing this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 nav and it won't open from the outside with the fob or the key it opens from the inside it came back for a few days where I can open it with the fob but now I can't open it at all from the outside with the fob or the key any advice or help please

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,901 Posts
Any beeps ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue and it is not the FOB! I have to take it to the dealership to see what’s wrong

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i was having this issue the other day on my 2019 turbo. I decided to try the key inside the fob to open the door even though it was unlocked. Turned the key pull the handle nothing. So I decided to pull the handl while the key was turned and it opened. Not sure of it was a fluke but my door has opened since I did this. This was only the drivers door. Hope this helps. That **** was annoying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you sure you didn't just lock(the "unlocked" door), when you turned the key? Then unlocked it when you turned the key again("while pulling the handle")?

Just checkin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you sure you didn't just lock(the "unlocked" door), when you turned the key? Then unlocked it when you turned the key again("while pulling the handle")?

Just checkin.
Yes I'm sure. Lock was unlocked and abled to be opend from the inside just like others. I haven't had to try this agian but if it happen I will.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts