Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 veloster turbo and the door won't open from the outside. The door is unlock and I can open the door from the inside.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I have a 2019 veloster turbo and the door won't open from the outside. The door is unlock and I can open the door from the inside.
The key fob has a key hidden inside. Use the physical key and then replace the battery in the fob. And, btw, welcome Adavid!

·
Registered
393 Posts
That it can open from the inside is no indication. Put a new battery in the fob would be my first inclination.
The key fob has a key hidden inside. Use the physical key and then replace the battery in the fob. And, btw, welcome Adavid!
Guys, I believe Adavid is saying the outside door handle is broken is won't physically unlatch the door. He said it's unlocked and the inside door handle will open the door.

Adavid, can you confirm this?

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
Sounds like a trip to the dealer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you had snow/ice/freezing temps lately? I ask this because we just got hit, and though I was able to open the door when I left the house, later that morning I was not able to. Turns out some ice was preventing the handle from fully opening, ever so slightly. Same as you, was able to open from inside.

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you know that the drivers side door has a recall? They are replacing the handle latch because on side impacts the door will fly open. Another part is being also replaced. Your car is still under warranty and the stealership should fix it at no cost to you. I had it done to my 2019 turbo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That happened to mine this morning too but the temperature did dip to 22 so it may be ice related like the other posts said. I'll have to see if it occurs on another icy morning but it sure did provide me with a wake up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me this morning. Had to open the door from inside through the passenger side. Figure it's because it's freezing out here in Michigan. I've already had the door latch recall taken care of. I should be going to the dealership in the next week for my first oil change and will get it looked at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts