Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just like the title says the front of my driver's side door is rubbing up against a plastic insulation panel in the door jam. Has anybody already had experience with this and if so what was the solution. Dealership won't see me till mid November so in the meantime I figure I'll cover that part of the door with some clear packing tape to avoid damage to paint.

·
weekend racer
7,770 Posts
can you push the insulation / plastic in at all? may just be a little out of area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you push the insulation / plastic in at all? may just be a little out of area.
I've tried, the edge doesn't seem to really attach to anything. The edge along the plastic also looks like its been curling up in certain areas. I'll post a picture when I get the chance.

·
weekend racer
7,770 Posts
On the 1g it sits inside the lip on the fender....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no lip, that area of the quarter panel is flush. I figure that the insulation panel will need to be replaced, just wondering whether it will end up being a reoccurring problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this same issue on the passenger side. I removed the fender to get to the plastic and trimmed off the plastic that was curled up and catching on the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts