Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were pretty simple to install, I took the door panels looseand took the cannon plug off the window buttons, and used a suitcase splice to attach the power wire, then I used a bolt on the door as a ground. the lens itself came with doublesided tape, but I used 3m very high strength doublesided tape, I like it better, I drilled a #30 hole in the bottom of the cup to send the wire through, the lens covers this hole once in place. The lights stay on as long as the key is on. Next project is footwell LEDS.

·
Registered
558 Posts
this is so sick, i wish i could pay someone to do this :/

·
Registered
617 Posts
this is so sick, i wish i could pay someone to do this :/

It's really quite simple once you take the door card off, seriously. I have the Red version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They were pretty simple to install, I took the door panels looseand took the cannon plug off the window buttons, and used a suitcase splice to attach the power wire, then I used a bolt on the door as a ground. the lens itself came with doublesided tape, but I used 3m very high strength doublesided tape, I like it better, I drilled a #30 hole in the bottom of the cup to send the wire through, the lens covers this hole once in place. The lights stay on as long as the key is on. Next project is footwell LEDS.
The wire you spliced into how did you find the power wire is it colour coded and you got any pictures on how you did it im thinking of doing the same thing for my veloster I have never wired any thing on a car before any details you can help me with would be great 👍

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
use a multimeter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts