Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a Veloster Tech here in Canada and am having an issue with the smartkey and the door lock button.

The doors lock fine when I press the button on the smart key to lock the doors. The chime sounds, lights flash and the door locks like it should. If I walk up with the key in my pocket and press the handle button the car unlocks, like it should.

When I go to leave the car and press the door handle to LOCK the car, it gives me a LONG, 7 second error chime, and the doors do not lock. Key is outside the car, in my pocket, away from cell phone, yadda yadda yadda.

Any help? What does the long chime mean? I couldn't find it in the manual, and it's a longer chime than the 3 second one listed in the manual.

Thanks!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I believe its to notify you that you left the car running without the key fob inside the car. Though that may not be the exact reason but i hear it all the time when i go to manually lock my garage door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Take it back into the dealership immediately. Did you turn lights off? Where is the spare key? If those aren't issues -- head back to the dealership to resolve this because we can't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It also makes the same chime when closing the hatch.

No fobs inside, engine off, start button off, lights off...

I can bring it in monday, but wanted to check here to see if there was something i was missing. I doubt there is anything wrong, its probably just a setting or function not listed in the manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a Veloster Tech here in Canada and am having an issue with the smartkey and the door lock button.

The doors lock fine when I press the button on the smart key to lock the doors. The chime sounds, lights flash and the door locks like it should. If I walk up with the key in my pocket and press the handle button the car unlocks, like it should.

When I go to leave the car and press the door handle to LOCK the car, it gives me a LONG, 7 second error chime, and the doors do not lock. Key is outside the car, in my pocket, away from cell phone, yadda yadda yadda.

Any help? What does the long chime mean? I couldn't find it in the manual, and it's a longer chime than the 3 second one listed in the manual.

Thanks!
I have experienced this. Sometimes if I restart the car, flick the locks a few times, then turn car off and try again it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts