Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the dome/interior lights. I bought a set of LED scuff plates and I want to wire them in. I found what I thought were the right wires, but the plates work in reverse, ie on when the door shuts. I tried reversing the wires and they don't work at all. The Hyundai service web site doesn't have the diagram I need. Thank you.

·
Registered
686 Posts
there should be 3 wires on the dome/map light, black, yellow & red. connect the positive wire on your scuff plate to the red wire, and the negative wire to the yellow wire and it should work

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I checked all of the wires in the harness running along where the scuff plate rests and I couldn't find any wires that had power to them with a test light. I'll use an ohm meter to determine which wires come from the dome light now that I know the colors.

·
Registered
303 Posts
there should be 3 wires on the dome/map light, black, yellow & red. connect the positive wire on your scuff plate to the red wire, and the negative wire to the yellow wire and it should work
I will resurrect an old thread.

I have been looking to find info on the negative/ground wire within the dome light.

From all my limited experience, black is always the negative/ground wire, however, your post says it's the yellow wire?

Can anyone please tell me what color the negative/ground wire is in the overhead dome light?

From what I have found, the blue wire on the right side connector (pin 1) is the 12v switching wire, if that's right all I need is the negative/ground wire to install my dimming mirror.

Line art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.