Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Velosterians.
As a new member of this fine community I havbe few questions about my newly purchased Veloster Turbo.

I bought it in Adelaide, Australia and car doesn't have any mats, or "mat hooks" and there was no matte car paint care package some people were mentioning before.
Am I supposed to get those?

Other than that I am very impressed :)

Might look at some veloster mats on ebay, weathertech seem to be nice but $200 price tag is not.
Any recomendations are welcomed.

Oh, yeah, this is my baby...

2014-12-30 16.35.16.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very nice car!! No, I don't think these come standard. I don't have a matte car, I have a crystal white Turbo but I remember the floor mats definitely were an extra. They ended up not charging me for them due to not being able to supply the colour car I ordered (storm trooper) as well as some other minor concessions. Did the dealer try to sell you paint protection, etc? They usually do and I think that is why they don't include any special care kits as standard - they want to lock you into a paint care (and interior care) program which is pretty pricey. I don't know about the matt hooks but mine do have these fitted. Maybe re-post your question on the new Australian Veloster Facebook page to get more responses. Enjoy your new car - looks beautiful!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Beautiful car! Don't buy mats from the US as the steering wheel in their Velosters is on the wrong side, unlike ours which is on the right side :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi KGB,

Great looking car mate, like all dealers I would imagine floor mats and paint protection would be an extra. Just remember when it comes to cleaning the car, use the 2 bucket wash method with the right cleaning products otherwise you could mar the paintwork or even add gloss which obviously you don't want to do. And matte paint cant be polished. Check this stuff out Matte Shampoo, 250ml - JTR Auto Care and Textile & Leather Sealant, 200ml - JTR Auto Care

Cheers
JTR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
I'll use your wise instructions on my car religiously.

On a side note I named and shamed Hyuandai on their Facebook page about not offering any paint care kits and not giving any instructions on maintenance and they replied that they are sending me 'paint care package' in the mail.

So go figure, dealership swore such thing did not exist.
If you are in a similar situation I say post it on FB and see what comes of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm picking up my new matte Blue Sprinter veloster on wednesday.
I contacted customer care for hyundai australia and they advised me that we are suppose to get the paint care kit with the car.

Is the matte very hard to look after? I've watched all the videos on youtube and it seems ok.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Congrats Michaela and welcome to the community! Matte paint is awesome looking but different than a regular paint job when it comes to maintenance. I am sure once you get in the swing of things and start washing it, you won't have a problem.

I would do what K G B did if they don't have the paint care kit to message Hyundai on facebook. Also I would check the trunk where the spare tire is, might have been put in there as well.

You should start yourself your own introduction thread here - New Member Introductions

Also be sure to update your location in your profile (if you wish - link in my signature).

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I emailed them,the woman said to let her know if I didn't get the pack and they would send it from head office. The original email was sent straight to their customer service department.

you could also try that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Matte paint

K G B. I'm glad you posted this. Now that you have had the car for a while (assuming you still have it)…any major CONS you can share as far as the matte paint that you have experienced? I have one now too…

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure about K G B, but I've had my matte grey since March 2014, use the included cleaning kit (Dr. Beasley brand), comes in a box that just fits under package tray in the trunk since it includes a 5 gallon bucket with grit screen insert, two wash mitts, microfiber cloths, foam applicators for the matte paint sealant and all the "lotions and potions" for the matte paint (soap, spot cleaner, sealant, final finish)...

So far zero issues with the paint. Just been following the instructions provided by Hyundai and have driven the car through the tail-end of one winter and another whole winter, with two pretty hot summers in between...Maryland, US, only has two real seasons, winter, where it gets into the negative single digits (Fahrenheit) and summer, where it gets into the high 90s.

The winter road treatments are tons of salt and road "pre-treatment" which is supposed to be bad for paint...

Actually, I did have one paint issue: trying to find a body-shop that could do matte paint after I got rear-ended and needed a new bumper...called about 25 places before I found one...

If they don't include the kit in Australia, this is it:

Matte Paint Prescription - Body Wash, Cleanser & Sealant, Final Finish | Dr. Beasley's

Selecting "Give me all of them" from the "Accessories" drop-down adds the rest of the stuff that comes with the kit in the US.

Good luck with your matte Veloster...and enjoy the compliments, you'll get them :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts