Veloster Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 Turbo. I had the battery boosted yesterday. On starting the car, the heads up display shows the Veloster welcome screen and no ability to get to any media.
  • Attempted multiple resets using the reset hole to the left of the stereo.
  • Also removed the fuse according to the 2015 diagram. These two steps caused the screen to cycle 3 times but no progress past the Veloster logo
  • I drove it for an hour, no change.
Nothing seems to get this to function correctly, including patience.

· Administrator
4,748 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, let it sit for 20 minutes with the door ajar, and then reconnect the battery?

· Administrator
4,748 Posts
I try and start with the easy stuff first. I want to reboot your car. Sometimes the car gets jumped backwards or your cables need to be reseated.Sometimes your battery is just going dead. This kind of eliminates a couple of causes.

You can follow this guys directions

· Administrator
4,748 Posts
You sure you didn't by accident turn off the head unit by pushing and holding the volume knob?

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey there,
Did you happen to get your car's head unit fixed with that situation by any chance by now? ...because my car's head unit just recently happened in the same way you've described with your car and I have tried everything there is on the websites and through this forum channel and still nothing changes.
Please let me know, at your earliest convenience, if you have any luck or insights of how to get your car's problem fixed. Thanks in advance for your time and effort in helping me with my car's situation.
Regards,
Jason

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey there,
Did you happen to get your car's head unit fixed with that situation by any chance by now? ...because my car's head unit just recently happened in the same way you've described with your car and I have tried everything there is on the websites and through this forum channel and still nothing changes.
Please let me know, at your earliest convenience, if you have any luck or insights of how to get your car's problem fixed. Thanks in advance for your time and effort in helping me with my car's situation.
Regards,
Jason
Jason, Just yesterday I posted in this forum to warn against buying Belsee, which a few people recommended. I just launched a chargeback on that purchase. I never did repair the OEM unit, couldn't figure out how to update the software even after someone gave me the file. So my next course of action will be to possibly put the old unit back in, because the backup camera is pretty key, and possibly ADD a unit from crutchfield for sound. I'm not totally sure. Let's keep the discussion going, I'd like to hear your ideas. A local stereo guy wanted $950 for an aftermarket head unit with carplay. I can't rationalize that after the turbo blew, the alternator and other stuff. More will be coming, i'm sure. Looking at Crutchfield - Audio, video, and more. Since 1974.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,833 Posts
got more info on the belsee failure? that would be good to know for sure.

how old is your battery? a rough battery can cause many weird electronic gremlins in the car. got anything plugged into the obd port?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts