Veloster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 turbo and while pulling on to the highway it stumbled like it does when traction control kicks in, so that's what I thought it was until I started pressing throttle again. Seems like the issue starts at a certain amount of throttle or load. I didn't think it was spark plugs because it not constant. The only codes shown is misfire on cilinder 1 & 3. Mileage is at 66k. It did seem like every now and again it would stumble at idle. I recently added a greddy bov and performed the boost back but everything it's still connected. Any thoughts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I surmise when you have a misfire code, that it can generally be attributed to a bad ignition coil. A bad ignition coil is not an all or nothing proposition, and they will work when conditions are best, but then put them under some duress and they will falter. Now this is not to say it is a general rule, but rather to apprise you of the possibilities for the misfire aspect of your dilemma.

·
weekend racer
6,607 Posts
have you ever changed your plugs? the recommended interval is 48k and it's highly recommended to use the NGKs...

·
weekend racer
6,607 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the spark plugs and continues top have the same issue. The parts stores my town didn't have any plugs for a veloster. I did notice the lights dimming when the issue occurs

·
Registered
651 Posts
You have a 2015 automobile. Your battery is close to the end of it's useful life. That the light dim would indicate an electrical problem and that of which the battery would be the first suspected culprit. A new battery would certainly be the proper course of action to take.

·
Registered
651 Posts
With the lights dimming when the misfiring occurs would then be very troubling since the ignition is controlled by the ECU and the dimming would then indicate a some kind of a shorting in the electrical system.

I think it is time to take it in to a dealer and hopefully the car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 15 turbo and while pulling on to the highway it stumbled like it does when traction control kicks in, so that's what I thought it was until I started pressing throttle again. Seems like the issue starts at a certain amount of throttle or load. I didn't think it was spark plugs because it not constant. The only codes shown is misfire on cilinder 1 & 3. Mileage is at 66k. It did seem like every now and again it would stumble at idle. I recently added a greddy bov and performed the boost back but everything it's still connected. Any thoughts
My '16 VT was doing the same thing and the dealership ended up replacing 2 of the fuel injectors.

·
weekend racer
6,607 Posts
i missed that.

the boost hack is not good for the car - remove the tee in the link and if you ruined the line with the check valve in it get a new one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts